Company: Ascension (System Office)
Posted on: March 28, 2020
We Are Hiring
Radiology Technologist - Diagnostic Radiology 001 - Part-Time,
Night - Wheaton Franciscan - St. Joseph Campus - Milwaukee, WI
Work Schedule - Shift start and end times may vary with 11p-7a as
base shift, Weekend and Holiday rotation required.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100
related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension
Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care
clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare
organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018,
Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community
benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to
transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As
one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the
U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate,
personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In
FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons
living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Wheaton Franciscan-WI, you will have the
opportunity to take radiologic films providing quality images to
physicians to aid in the diagnosis of medical problems.
* Prepares and positions patients for imaging and selects exposure
* Prepares and administers contrast media and medications within
the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal
* Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity.
Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as
* Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents
patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
* Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and
documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and
* Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential
problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
* Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include
procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area
and any other areas in department.
* Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters
What You Will Need
* Required Credential(s):
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job
* One or more of the following:
* Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular
Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or
job transfer date.
* Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed
from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. General
Radiography is also required in addition to any specialty. State
Radiology Technologist licensure issued by Wisconsin Radiography
Examining Board required.
* Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date
or job transfer date.
* High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
* None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not
discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of
age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability,
arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: Ascension (System Office), Milwaukee , Radiology Technologist, Healthcare , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!