Family Medicine Physician needed in Milwaukee Wisconsin (Physician #)
Posted on: September 13, 2020
Nearly thirty years ago, QuadMed was born out of the idea that
health care should be simple. By providing employers and their
employees with quality onsite and near-site primary care, with a
focus on wellness and prevention, we make a culture of health and
well-being possible. Our caregivers working as a team, and with
ample appointment times, have the opportunity to build meaningful
patient relationships that produce measurable health improvement
results. We're proud to be a nationally recognized leader committed
to transforming health care for the better. At QuadMed you can
showcase your skills and your passion for patient care.
This physician will focus on prevention and wellness, as well as
evaluating, treating, and educating patients in a clinic setting.
Under the supervision of a physician, performs professional medical
work in the history taking, examination, diagnosis and treatment of
patients according to statutory limitations. Examines and diagnoses
patients and develops treatment plans. Performs testing, referral
to physicians as needed, writes prescriptions, and performs
administrative procedures within the scope of expertise, protocols,
and available equipment.
As a QM physician, they may assume the role of Oversight Physician
to support APPs in the QM system. This will be determined by need,
geography and physician utilization.
As a QuadMed representative, in partnership with the Client
(employer sponsor), the physician may be utilize in presenting and
speaking to client as a QM leader at the clinical level.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES Provides comprehensive clinical patient care
through interviewing, examining and treating associates and their
dependents in order to meet their health and wellness needs.
Prescribes appropriate medical treatment and clinical medications
for patients and orders studies, tests and ancillary care services
- Records history and physical findings, and formulates plan and
pro gnosis, based on patient's condition, with documentation in the
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in
patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and
complications of their use as well as the accurate administration
of the pharmacologic agent.
- Educates patients and/or families about preventive care,
wellness ,medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures
within prescribed guidelines.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify
and assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs
- Demonstrate knowledge, of growth and development, and
pathophysiology of disease processes, specific to age groups
- Follows all established rules and guidelines of evidence based
care and best clinical practice
- Regularly reviews chronic medical conditions that require
ongoing medical attention
- Educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection
by providing materials and resources to the patients and
- Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with
members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation,
collaboration, or referral .
- May refer patients to physician for consultation or to
specialized health resources for treatment.
- Refers to appropriate specialists outside the health center in
a medically appropriate and efficient manner
- Practices in a collaborative fashion consistent with the
concept of a patient centered medical home , Consulting and
collaborating with the other team members as needed regarding
patient care, assessment, and education issues
- Refers patients to and utilizes unique internal associate
benefits and resources to maximize health outcomes
- Demonstrates exceptional and effective collaborative
partnership and communication style with both patients and
- Actively engages in quality improvement, leadership and
- Participates in quality improvement, continuing education, and
other patient care programs established by the health center
requirements for QuadMed.
- If less than 3 years' experience, proactively engages in
mentoring, and coaching, from another provider within QuadMed.
- Advocate for clinical quality improvement in the HWC
- Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries
from patients, QuadMed, and clients.
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality of all patient
information according to federal and state guidelines and
- Effectively communicates with patients through technology to
include email, video, telephonic, and text. While complying with
QuadMed policy and practices
- Demonstrates knowledge of current and emerging trends in
technologies, techniques, issues and approaches in area of
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain quality, safety, and
infection control standards
- Demonstrates the ability to remain calm and effective in
emergency situations and establish a leadership role in an
emergency JOB REQUIREMENTS
- MD. or D.O degree from an accredited School of Medicine or
Osteopathy and completion appropriate residency
- Active Board certification or eligibility required Experience:
- Preferred three years ambulatory primary care practice
experience; if less than 3 years agrees to mentoring, and coaching,
from another provider if assigned
- Experience working with pediatric patients may be preferred
depending on the HWC demographic
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including
proficiency in electronic communication
- Experience with an EMR preferred
- Bilingual English-Spanish preferred depending on HWC
demographics Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Active and unrestricted applicable licensure, with current DEA
- CPR with BLS Certification Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including
401(k), holidays, vacations and more. In select states, patient
care is provided by an independent physician-owned corporation.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The
Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any
applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age,
military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any
other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or
local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and
employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace Keyphrases: family medicine jobs, family
practice jobs, family practitioner jobs, family medicine specialist
Keywords: QuadMed, Milwaukee , Family Medicine Physician needed in Milwaukee Wisconsin (Physician #), Healthcare , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!