Environmental Health and Safety Specialist III, 2nd Shift
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: October 15, 2020
When youre part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, youll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and youll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
The position is located in Milwaukee, WI and primarily supports the
EHS responsibilities for the site.
How will you make an impact?
The EHS Specialist III is a trusted advisor to the business and
functional leaders, and will have ownership of the development and
maintenance of specific EHS Policies and Procedures of the
Milwaukee, WI sites EHS team.
What will you do?
- Establish and maintain EHS policies, programs and procedures
that ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and
local regulations and corporate standards. Some of these programs
include the site Injury Illness & Prevention Program, Hazardous
Communication Plan, BioSafety Program, Chemical Hygiene Plan, and
- Be a safety advocate. Proactively look for opportunities to
improve safety programs and educate and inspire employees to do the
same. Drive and implement changes as needed.
- Serve as a technical resource to the company in complex areas
of EHS Compliance, risk management, hazardous materials/waste,
industrial hygiene, industrial safety, and/or ergonomics.
- Lead monthly Gemba walks identifying opportunities related to
- Assist in safety committees and awareness programs.
- Evaluate new hazardous materials to ensure compliance in EHS
requirements and facility procedures.
- Conduct EHS reviews for new product development, facility
modification, product manufacturing modifications and new
- Develop and deliver training programs.
- Perform periodic audits to identify potential environmental and
workplace hazards, program deficiencies, and liabilities.
- Participate in incident investigations, ensuring root cause and
countermeasure identification is completed to eliminate future
injury. Review and analyze accident data to identify trends or
areas requiring additional focus.
- Complete job safety and ergonomics analysis and other risk
assessments, make recommendations and work with management to
implement changes when necessary.
- Interface with regulatory agencies and third parties as needed
based on project or program responsibilities.
- Establish management change process (MOC)
- Maintain routine safety and environmental reports and records
(OSHA logs, Stormwater, etc.).
- Assist with changes to the site to ensure established safety
standards are met.
- Drive a focus on safety utilizing lean tools (5S, Gemba, Visual
Management, root cause analysis, kaizen, etc.
How will you get here?
- Bachelors degree in Occupational Safety and Health,
Environmental Science, or related scientific discipline such as
Biology, Chemistry, or Engineering
- 5-8 years in chemical manufacturing in an environmental health
and safety (EHS) role
- Direct experience performing ergonomic evaluations and
- Experience in local, state and federal environmental, health
and safety regulatory compliance.
- Experience implementing air permits
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Good technical, analytical and project management skills with
the ability to successfully manage multiple projects and daily
- Good verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary
minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our
singular missionenabling our customers to make the world healthier,
cleaner and safer.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Milwaukee , Environmental Health and Safety Specialist III, 2nd Shift, Healthcare , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!