Clinical Research Nurse - All Shifts
Company: Spaulding Clinical Research, LLC
Location: West Bend
Posted on: February 23, 2021
WE ARE GROWING AND NEED YOU!
FIND YOUR PURPOSE WITH SPAULDING CLINICAL RESEARCH
SPAULDING CLINICAL aims to be the clinical research organization by
which all others are measured. Pioneering in our approach to
redefining how the industry perceives and achieves success;
passionate in our pursuit of ingenious solutions that mitigate
risk; loving in our care for our volunteers, customers and
employees; and heroic in our ambitions to ensure the health and
safety of people around the globe - Spaulding Clinical is taking
research beyond results to create a marketplace of safer
- AM, PM AND NOC shifts available
- Full Time M-F plus every third weekend
- Shift premiums
- Great benefits that include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, STD,
LTD, Supplemental Life and Supplemental Income. 401k match, Paid
Time Off, Paid Holidays
Stretch beyond what you know and become a Clinical Research Nurse
as you handle advanced nursing activities in association with
clinical trials. These could include, but not limited to advanced
nursing activities such as Informed Consent documentation, medical
history, AE/CM, drug administration/accountability, dose
verification, focused subject physical assessments, collaborate
with the medical team, IV placement, IV infusions, vital signs, ECG
lead placement in the conduct of clinical trials with emphasis on
the safety and welfare of study participants. Performs the
practical activities of clinical studies according to protocol,
regulatory requirements, SOPs, scope of practice and current
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- With supervision, ensures that clinical trials are conducted
according to protocol requirements by utilizing the following
techniques & procedures.
- Ensures subject has complete understanding of study-specific
Informed Consent Form and that all questions have been answered.
Accurately documents and records completion of Informed
- Obtains and accurately documents structured subject medical,
surgical and medication history
- Performs meal administration, ensuring the correct meal and
correct content is delivered to the correct study participant.
- Performs subject bag checks to ensure no contraband is present
on study floor
- Performs study activities such as ECG positioning, exercises,
or other study procedures requiring supervision of subjects.
- Performs venipuncture, capillary, and/or IV specimens from
study subjects according to established protocol, maintains aseptic
- Performs proper and accurate sample management, including
collection, identification, transport, and/or processing of
biological (blood, urine, etc) subject samples.
- Administers study drug and any other protocol-required
medications, while accurately ensuring the 5 Rights of Medication
Administration (the right subject, the right drug, the right dose,
the right route, and the right time)
- Performs dose verification, assisting other Clinical Research
Nurses during dose administration to accurately verify subject
identity and dosing labeling, as additional quality check.
- Contributes and is accountable for secure and appropriate
storage of all drug supplies after removing from pharmacy.
- Records subject Adverse Events with proper escalation to
medical or Charge Staff for evaluation and treatment as
- Performs and records physical measurements including height,
weight, and BMI calculation.
- Performs and records vital sign measurements (blood pressure,
pulse oximetry, heartrate, temperature, respirations, etc).
- Places ECG electrodes and leads accurately to ensure precise
- Performs additional task list items as delegated and supervised
by Charge Staff.
- Reviews Study Specific Trainings and applicable protocols for a
thorough understanding of the study procedures, as they apply to
their role and ensures that Delegation of Authority/Training Log
for each study is completed in a proper and timely manner.
- Keeps abreast of SOPs, Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and ICH
guidelines, state and national laws and ethical standards.
- Observes and maintains all HIPAA, OSHA, and Exposure Control
regulations and Emergency Response as required by applicable
- Creates and maintains accurate records of all protocol
activities and events, as delegated and trained.
- Follows progress of volunteers and provides for their care,
comfort and safety by attending to their needs during study
- Participates in quality assurance of clinical research projects
and initiates the need for same as it impacts on clinical
- Ability to read, write and interpret the English language.
- Portrays professionalism in all interactions at Spaulding
- Good computer skills; inclination to adopt technology to
- Demonstrates strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented, good organizational traits.
- Must be results-oriented, multi-tasking, quick learner, respond
to the urgent needs of the team, and show a strong track record of
- Ability to work beyond normal work hours and various shift
- Ability to perform and record data entry via computer systems
while conducting timed clinical procedures.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and use
hands along with fingers, to handle or feel.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include clarity
of vision both near and far.
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors.Hazards:
- Potential for exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals
- Potential for exposure to blood borne pathogensEducation and
- Current RN License (Graduate Nurses must possess a temporary
license in order to work as CRN, and must obtain Wisconsin
licensure within 6 months of hire)
- CPR certification required within 6 months of hire or promotion
- ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire or
Spaulding Clinical Research management has the discretion to hire
personnel with a combination of experience and education which may
vary from the above listed skills and qualifications.
The Statements made in the job description are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed by people
assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of people assigned to this job.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Spaulding Clinical does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, veteran
status, disability, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit,
qualifications, and business need. Simply put, we celebrate
diversity in all forms and have zero tolerance for discrimination,
harassment, or plain hate.
Keywords: Spaulding Clinical Research, LLC, Milwaukee , Clinical Research Nurse - All Shifts, Healthcare , West Bend, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!