2nd shift Lab Tech
Company: Krier Foods
Location: Random Lake
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Krier Foods Inc. is a family-oriented beverage contract packer
with an innovative desire to serve. We are driven by our people and
the relationships we create. Do you want the opportunity to learn
and excel in your career? Do you want to be part of an industry
that is constantly changing and evolving? We have an exciting
opportunity for a lab Tech on 2nd shift.
$1500.00 Sign On bonus $2.50 an hour shift premium
Overview: The position has primary responsibility for ensuring the
quality of the product and finished goods being produced and that
they meet all customer specifications by performing the laboratory
testing and line verifications.Responsibilities:
- Operate within safety and quality standards, good manufacturing
practices (GMP's) and adherence to job specifications.
- Responsible for reading, comprehending the job standards,
meeting the quality standards and specifications for products (ie:
coding, carbonation (if required), pressures, air, pH, brix,
Caffeine (if required), acid, weights, temperatures, time and
- Monitor the operation of the production line to ensure that
final product is to all specifications and without defects (daily
line checks and sample collection).
- Segregate and place out of specification product on HOLD.
- Complete sensory testing (including flavor, visual and odor
comparison) to match a referenced standard.
- Communicate effectively with production personnel in regard to
line checks, adjustment requirements for meeting specifications,
coding verification, etc.
- Operate, maintain and calibrate lab
- Follow all customer standards/specifications, quality
requirements and Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Assist in maintaining housekeeping responsibilities within the
lab and maintain work areas.
- Complete required documentation accurately and completely as
required for the product being produced.
- Ability to verify and analyze batch attributes (includes
analytical and taste/odor comparison) fill out batch paperwork and
approve batches to the production line.
- Other duties of checking in HFCS/Sucrose/Concentrate tankers,
water checks, micros, etc. as required/scheduled.
- Maintain sample libraries (organized and clean) per company
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned by
- High school diploma or equivalent is required or an Associate's
degree in chemistry or related field preferred.
- Previous laboratory or quality control experience preferred;
with Food and Beverage industry preferred.
- A basic knowledge of laboratory safety procedures and policies
is necessary to ensure a safe working environment.
- Required to fully comply with Quality Management System
Policies and Procedures and Food Safety Management
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, read and comprehend
instructions and procedures in English.
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical skills with a high
attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize workload and accommodate shift in daily
priorities based on the needs of the business.
- Ability to demonstrate a high sense of urgency and be proactive
in addressing problems as they arise.
- Ability to calculate and understand basic math and simple
formulas including but not limited to: addition, subtraction,
multiplication, division, averages, production rates and
- Proficiency in basic computer data entry and document
Keywords: Krier Foods, Milwaukee , 2nd shift Lab Tech, Healthcare , Random Lake, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!