Registered Dietitian- Eating Disorder, Residential- Full Time
Company: Center For Discovery
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Who is Discovery Behavioral Health?
Discovery Behavioral Health (DBH) is a national leader in
behavioral healthcare and one of the fastest growing companies in
the field. DBH offers world-class treatment for those struggling
with eating, mental health, and substance use disorders, and places
a high priority on seeking employees who share our passion for
improving the lives we serve.
Since 1997, Center for Discovery, DBH's eating disorder division,
has helped thousands of patients discover their path to the full
and rewarding lives they deserve with evidence-based and inclusive
Our Offer to You!
We are dedicated to empowering our clinicians with their
professional and personal development by providing:
- 401(k) with company match
- Healthcare benefits
- Vacation and sick days
- Employee referral program
- Employee discounts to various stores, amusement parks, events,
- Training in best practices for telehealth
- Continuing education (CE) programs and training
- Weekly training opportunities
- Advancement opportunities within the organization
Center for Discovery's Registered Dietitian Program integrates an
All Foods Fit approach, with Intuitive Eating and Health at Every
Size (HAES) -- principles. This program is weight inclusive to
support our diverse group of clients in healing their relationship
with food and body image. The dietary program integrates
evidence-based practices to treat all eating disorder diagnoses and
co-occurring disorders in collaboration with medical professionals
to promote medical stability and nutrition rehabilitation.
In alignment with our integration of Exposure and Response
Prevention, clients participate in various food exposures while in
treatment to reduce anxiety associated with certain foods or
This integrative and transformative approach empowers clients to
find what recovery means for them, through aiding them on the path
to improving their relationships with food, mind, and body.
- Meet with each patient on a weekly basis to implement and
manage individualized dietary meal plans including conducting
weekly calorie counts
- Conduct Dietary Intake on admit
- Complete documentation on each client's progress throughout the
treatment experience, making sure that daily progress notes reflect
the goals within the treatment plan
- Facilitate Nutrition Groups that are appropriate to the adult
and adolescent age groups.
- Implement one dietary treatment plan for each client within a
week of admission
- Communicate with referring and/or outpatient treatment team
throughout patients' treatment episode
- Oversight of Diet-technicians to encourage supportive mealtimes
and monitoring supplementation
- Collaborate with the Director of Dietary Services and the
treatment team to ensure the best standard of nutrition and dietary
services are occurring
- Enforce dietary program and advise clients appropriately on
- Demonstrate understanding of the medical consequences of eating
disorders, the hazards of re-feeding and how to avoid
- Ability to implement specific dietary exchange patterns through
knowledge of portion size and caloric recommendations
- Facilitate family sessions and education; including therapeutic
meals; as appropriate
- Communication with medical doctor, as needed, regarding any
medical problems that may require dietary intervention.
Communication with psychiatrist where applicable.
- Registered dietitian remains appropriately accessible to family
members, including weekly communication (phone, email or in person)
with parents of adolescents.
This is a Full-Time position at one of our residential programs.
For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at
- Course work accredited or approved by the Accreditation Council
for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) and an RD/RDN
- One year experience in dietary counseling, preferred experience
or education with treating eating disorders or other mental health
- The Registered Dietitian must be fully registered/certified in
the appropriate state, candidates who have completed their dietetic
internship and are eligible to take the registration exam may be
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at
Keywords: Center For Discovery, Milwaukee , Registered Dietitian- Eating Disorder, Residential- Full Time, Healthcare , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!