LVN/LPN - Eating Disorder, Full-Time
Company: Center For Discovery
Posted on: January 16, 2022
At Center For Discovery you will have the opportunity to work
closely within a team of professionals consisting of eating
disorder and mental health experts, all dedicated to promoting
lasting health and healing. Clinical supervision and guidance are
provided on total client care and therapeutic milieu management, as
well as career growth and personal development oversight. You will
develop an individualized growth plan which will help you develop
your professional skills and career objectives.
If you are looking for an organization that thrives on growth,
celebrates diversity of thought, and rewards passionate execution,
youve come to the right place. Because we put clients first, it is
our honor to support and reward those who serve them.
The LVN/LPN is responsible for assisting and supporting residents
through the entire treatment experience from admission through
discharge. The LVN/LPN is responsible for communicating
observations and insights to the treatment team (i.e. therapists,
dietitian, psychiatrist, pediatrician and facility administrator)
to ensure the team is comprehensively addressing each clients
issues. The LVN/LPN introduces each new client to his/her fellow
residents and the treatment staff, and orients each client to the
rules, expectations, and routine of the daily treatment
- Ensures all orders from physician/psychiatrist are carried out
and any information about clients and their wellbeing is promptly
and clearly communicated to physician/ psychiatrist and in
treatment team meetings.
- Follows and implements the Nursing Care Plan.
- Follows orders from physician and psychiatrist.
- Dispenses medication as prescribed.
- Counts narcotics each day, logs appropriately.
- Performs primary first aid and determines need for physician
- Performs vital signs.
- Performs weekly blood draws, where applicable.
- Maintains NG tube and administration of bolus feeds, where
- Performs related duties as required.
- Responsible to ensure all the medications needed by the clients
are ordered appropriately and available in the facility.
- Manages and orders supplies and keeps a fully stocked and
operational nursing station.
- Ensures all medications have consent forms. Ensures all the
orders on shift are carried out and documented appropriately for
- Manages clients medical needs including schedule appointments,
complete referral/ prior authorizations for medical treatments and
tests as indicated.
- Supports client during admission processes. This may include
checking in client belongings, acclimating client to the program
- Effectively and professionally communicates with families/loved
ones, as appropriate.
- Able to effectively and professionally establish rapport with
clients and loved ones.
- Provides milieu management throughout the treatment experience
and communicates with all team members.
- Supervises and supports clients on community outings, when
- Objectively and accurately documents client progress on a daily
- Assists with discharge process.
- Will work during meal periods to provide supervision and
support to clients.
- Maintains an organized and safe environment.
- Makes timely requests for any absences and ensures coverage for
any scheduled shift.
- Required to sit at a meal and a snack on every shift.
- Assesses clients suicidality and possibility of danger to self
- Communicates with referral sources and outpatient providers for
continuity of care upon admission, midpoint, and discharge,
including the use of Discovery Connect.
This is a full-time position, working 3 days, 12 hour shifts. For a
virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at
- LVN/LPN Certification
- Must be licensed in current state
- Must have considerable knowledge of nursing principles and
- Must demonstrate knowledge of medications and their proper
application and use
- Must be able to take vital signs and provide first aid
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at
Keywords: Center For Discovery, Milwaukee , LVN/LPN - Eating Disorder, Full-Time, Healthcare , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!