Registration Assistant - Community Dental Clinic
Company: Marquette University
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Posting Number 201103045 Position Title Registration Assistant -
Community Dental Clinic State WI Employment Status Full Time
Position Status Regular If Limited Term (End Date of Assignment,
Project, or Grant) Position Type Staff Position Overview
Greet patients; coordinate the scheduling and registration of
patients; provide cash handling and support to other areas of the
dental school as needed. Clinic is located at 2906 S. 20th Street,
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Greet patients upon check-in
2. Present patient with medical history paperwork or daily
3. Perform data entry including: new patient registration;
re-registration including updating insurance and demographic
information; and treatment information.
4. Facilitate the patient billing process including verifying
patient insurance eligibility, copy insurance card information;
assist with the processing of insurance forms and information for
Title-19, Illinois Public Aid, Division of Vocational
Rehabilitation and Delta Dental and other private insurance
5. Schedule and confirm patient appointments.
6. Maintain accurate patient visit reports; daily patient schedule
7. Answer phone calls and respond to messages from students,
faculty, new patients, patients and vendors being responsive to
queries, questions and complaints and directing unresolved
complaints. Page students when necessary.
8. Maintain the reception/cashier area.
9. Maintain and facilitate the handling of patient records
including assembling new patient records.
10. Run daily appointment list and appointment forms for the
following day appointments.
11. Process and record payments for dental treatment and allocate
payment to treatment.
12. Reconcile cash drawer and credit card receipts and submit
results to the Office of Finance & Administration.
13. Order supplies using MUSoD procedures; restock and organize
14. Provide support to other clinical areas as assigned.
15. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required,
assigned, or requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* High school education
* One year related experience.
* Familiarity with computer software.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent customer service and listening skills.
* Must have knowledge of inventory control/supply ordering.
* Courteous demeanor, discretion, flexibility, ability to work and
communicate with people from a diverse population.
* Ability to work independently with little supervision and
constant interruptions in an environment that can be stressful at
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Knowledge of dental terminology helpful. Previous experience
working in an academic setting and knowledge of Marquette
University School of Dentistry policy and procedures helpful.
* Bi-lingual preferred.
Department Dental School Posting Date 11/12/2021 Closing Date
Special Instructions to Applicants EOE Statement
It is the policy of Marquette University to provide equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status or any other applicable federal or state-protected
* Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* * Do you have 1 year of related experience?
* * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
* * Are you fluent in written and spoken Spanish?
* * What is the salary range you would require for this role?
* $13 - $13.50/hour
* $13.50 - $14/hour
Keywords: Marquette University, Milwaukee , Registration Assistant - Community Dental Clinic, Healthcare , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!