Registered Respiratory Therapist - Traveler
Posted on: September 18, 2023
- Department: Associate Travel Program - RRT
- Schedule: Multiple--shifts available, 36 hours per week
- Hospital: Multiple Ascension acute care hospitals
- Location: Requires travel to multiple locations over 50 miles
from your homeThis position is a permanent, full time position made
up of travel assignments - not a short term option or temporary
contract.--Benefits Paid time off (PTO)Apply fast, check the full
description by scrolling below to find out the full requirements
for this role.Various health insurance options & wellness
plansRetirement benefits including employer match plansLong-term &
short-term disabilityEmployee assistance programs (EAP)Parental
leave & adoption assistanceTuition reimbursementWays to give back
to your community--As a military friendly organization, Ascension
promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help
support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans
and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their
military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career
with Ascension.*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can
vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example:
PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor
today for additional specifics.Responsibilities Provide evaluation
of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiencies.
- Assess patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment
and develop a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implement and monitor patient care plan and equipment.
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition.
- Perform advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluate respiratory practice, administration of medications,
and treatment based on patient outcome.
- Educate the patient and family about the health condition and
provide information about community support groups and other
- Respond to emergency resuscitation team code.Requirements
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Required Credentials:
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or
job transfer date. American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- One or more of the following:--- Respiratory Care Practitioner
obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--- Respiratory
Therapist specializing in Registered credentialed from the National
Board for-- -- -- --Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained prior to hire
date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credentials:
- Advanced Life Support. American Heart Association or American
Red Cross accepted.
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation
credentialed from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support. American Heart Association or
American Red Cross accepted.Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.Additional
- One year of--recent--experience strongly preferred.
- Travelers must be willing to travel 50+ miles from permanent
- Travel positions require travel to multiple locations and could
include assignment selections in: Alabama, Illinois, Florida,
Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, Michigan, New York, Oklahoma, Tennessee,
Texas and WisconsinWhy Join Our Team Ascension associates are key
to our commitment of transforming healthcare and providing care to
all, especially those most in need. Join us and help us drive
impact through reimagining how we can deliver a people-centered
healthcare experience and creating the solutions to do it. Explore
career opportunities across our ministry locations and within our
corporate headquarters.--Ascension is a leading non-profit,
faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000
associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140
hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.--Our
Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension.
Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a
positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than
jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of
the people around you.Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color,
religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital
status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other
legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in
accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.--For
further information, view the-- EEO Know Your Rights (English)
poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.--Pay
Non-Discrimination Notice--Please note that Ascension will make an
offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a
position using our official application. Be on alert for possible
fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money
or banking information from applicants.--E-Verify Statement This
employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification
Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
Keywords: Ascension, Milwaukee , Registered Respiratory Therapist - Traveler, Healthcare , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!