staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - Float Med Surg - $32-52 per hour
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Advocate Aurora Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Float
Med Surg for a nursing job in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.Job Description
- Specialty: Med Surg
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 36 hours per week
- Shift: nights
- Employment Type: Staff
Aurora Health's Clinical Staffing Services is seeking Medical
Surgical (Med Surg) Registered Nurses to join our stellar team of
float nurses!!!Experience:-- 1 year Medical Surgical RN experience;
2 year's Med Surg RN experience preferredPerks of working with
Clinical Staffing Services (Float Pool):
- Experience travel nursing without the travel - Work within the
Aurora Healthcare system, floating to 4 different sites.-- Offering
excellent variability in your day-to-day, experiencing new
departments, faces, and build your nursing skills and
- No more "same ole' routine" - Working in various hospitals and
facilities helps to keep the days fresh and exciting (No more
MUNDANE!!!). Everyday can be a new journey that may open doors to a
new specialty area you may have never previously considered.
- Gain impressive work experience for career building -
Experience gained over time as a float nurse within a healthcare
system can demonstrate that you are a reliable and dedicated
employee that can learn on the go and rise to a variety of
- Compensation - Float nurses receive a competitive compensation
package that includes a base rate, additional float, shift, and
weekend differentials.-- Mileage reimbursement is available for
those that split their shift between facilities.
- Benefits & Flexibility - In addition to a competitive benefits
package, Aurora Health's Float Pool offers flexible
self-scheduling, no on call requirements, and only 2 holidays per
year!!!!!!Day shift positions are required to schedule 4 night
shifts, 2 Fridays, and 24-hours on Weekends per 6-weeks (all hours
are self-scheduled)Night shift positions are required to schedule 2
Fridays and 24-hours on Weekends 6-weeks (all hours are
self-scheduled)--The Float Pool RN will serve as a champion in
- Being part of a highly skilled, resilient, and versatile group
of teammates committed to ensuring the delivery of quality and
compassionate healthcare to diverse patient populations in a
variety of settings.
- Quickly adapting and integrating into new working relationships
through consistent collaboration.
- Coordinating comprehensive patient care through the nursing
process to deliver safe, therapeutic care in accordance with
established standards, policies, and procedures.
- Leading efforts to always create the safest patient environment
and the best patient experience.
- Having the qualifications and competency to work in all acute
care facilities within the defined Market.Come join a winning team
where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every
time. Let Aurora Health be the destination for your professional
growth!Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- Registered Nurse license issued by the state in which the team
member practices, and
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare
Providers--certification issued by the American Heart Association
- Completion of an accredited or approved program in
- Typically requires 1 year of experience in clinical
nursing.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Demonstrates progression to provide holistic patient care and
the ability to view clinical situations from a patient and family
- Demonstrates progression to recognize situational changes that
require unplanned or unanticipated interventions, and responds to
situations with confidence, timeliness and flexibility.
- Proficient computer skills, use of electronic mail and
electronic medical records systems.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), listening and
- Demonstrates human relation skills with the ability to develop
rapport and maintain positive, professional relationships with a
variety of patients, team members and physicians. Ability to take
initiative and work collaboratively with others.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively make critical, independent
- Excellent organization, prioritization and problem-solving
- Demonstrates time management skills with an ability to
multi-task and prioritize in an environment with frequent
- Demonstrates coordination, collaboration, delegation and team
- Certification Addendum
- Team members will maintain annual educational requirements for
hospital based certifications (e.g. DNV, CARF or others).Physical
Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, reach
above shoulders, and twist frequently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to:
- lift up to 50 lbs. from floor to waist.
- lift up to 20 lbs. over the head.
- carry up to 40 lbs. a reasonable distance.
- Must be able to:
- push/pull with 30 lbs. of force.
- perform a sliding transfer of 150 lbs. with a second person
- Position requires use of foot pedals on carts or machines.
- May be exposed to chemical and hazardous waste as well as blood
and body fluids and communicable disease. Therefore, protective
clothing and equipment must be worn as necessary.
- Must have functional speech, vision, hearing, and touch with
ability to use fine hand manipulation skills for IV insertion and
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.This job
description indicates the general nature and level of work expected
of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform
other related duties.Advocate Aurora Health Job ID #R57566. Posted
job title: Registered Nurse Medical Surgical (RN) - Float PoolAbout
Advocate Aurora HealthAdvocate Aurora Health's 22,000 nurses
demonstrate our values of excellence, compassion and respect,
collaborating to advance our stated purpose of helping people live
well. To encourage you to be the best nurse you can, Advocate
Aurora will provide support, tools and resources for orientation,
education and professional development, in the care setting that is
best for you. Your voice as a team member will be heard clearly
whether you're at one of our 10 Magnet-- designated hospitals or
more than 500 sites of care.--Join our team and be inspired to
chart a course for Advocate Aurora to become the best place in the
nation for nurses to pursue their passion.Benefits
- Holiday Pay
- Guaranteed Hours
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Pet insurance
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Mileage reimbursement
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Life insurance
- Discount program
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Milwaukee , staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - Float Med Surg - $32-52 per hour, Healthcare , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!