staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - Transitional Care Unit - $32-52 per hour
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Advocate Aurora Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN)
Transitional Care Unit for a nursing job in Milwaukee,
Wisconsin.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Transitional Care Unit
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 20 hours per week
- Shift: days
- Employment Type: Staff
Requires WI RN license at time of applicationRequires WI or IL
residency Schedule varies part time M-F 0Requires BSN or in route
to complete ADN to BSN programMajor Responsibilities:
- Identifies the needs of patients and families and coordinates
internal and external community resources within the first month of
hospital discharge to reduce post-hospitalization
- Works closely with case manager to identify high risk patients.
Creates a care plan to ensure patient has appropriate resources
necessary to lower readmission rates.
- Maintains caseload of patients following discharge to ensure
patients receive appropriate home visits, are being seen by primary
physicians and taking their medications as needed.
- Facilitates communications between and negotiates with
patient/family, physicians, nurses, dietary, rehab, homecare,
social services and other disciplines that need to collaborate to
provide care for the patient.
- Identifies, evaluates and acts to resolve any potential
barriers to delivery of care and a timely and appropriate
discharge. May coordinate and document discharge plans of
- Works closely with the medical staff, hospital departments and
ancillary services in expediting care delivery and appropriate
documentation to avoid delays in timely service provision.
Validates care that is provided.
- Collaborates as a partner with jointly assigned social worker
to ensure safe and appropriate discharge planning.
- Collaborates with physicians daily regarding patient care
course. Makes suggestions in expediting care and modification to a
tentative on a timely basis.Licensure, Registration, and/or
- Registered Nurse license issued by the state in which the team
member practices.Education Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.Experience Required:
- Typically requires 2 years of experience in nursing in an acute
care or community setting.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving
- Ability to educate clinical staff and the community.
- Ability to work well with physicians and other healthcare
- Ability to work in a team based multidisciplinary
environment.Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- May need to operate a motorized vehicle to facilitate home
visits as appropriate.
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk without restriction.
- Must have the ability to move about in confined spaces,
including bending, twisting, kneeling, squatting and occasionally
reaching one or both arms overhead.
- Must be able to concentrate on detailed information, tasks, and
functions for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to speak clearly and hear in order to communicate
in person or via telephone.This job description indicates the
general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is
not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent.
Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.Advocate
Aurora Health Job ID #R85995. Posted job title: Care Transitions
NurseAbout Advocate Aurora HealthAdvocate Aurora Health's 22,000
nurses demonstrate our values of excellence, compassion and
respect, collaborating to advance our stated purpose of helping
people live well. To encourage you to be the best nurse you can,
Advocate Aurora will provide support, tools and resources for
orientation, education and professional development, in the care
setting that is best for you. Your voice as a team member will be
heard clearly whether you're at one of our 10 Magnet-- designated
hospitals or more than 500 sites of care.--Join our team and be
inspired to chart a course for Advocate Aurora to become the best
place in the nation for nurses to pursue their passion.Benefits
- Holiday Pay
- Guaranteed Hours
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Pet insurance
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Mileage reimbursement
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Life insurance
- Discount program
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Milwaukee , staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - Transitional Care Unit - $32-52 per hour, Healthcare , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!