staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - Float ICU - Intensive Care Unit - $32-52 per hour
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Advocate Aurora Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Float
ICU - Intensive Care Unit for a nursing job in Milwaukee,
Wisconsin.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: ICU - Intensive Care Unit
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 24 hours per week
- Shift: nights
- Employment Type: Staff
This position is eligible for a SIGN-ON BONUS up to $10,000Student
Loan Forgiveness up to $20,000Tuition Assistance up to $7,200RN
Referral $5,000 for Advocate Aurora TeammatesMilitary/Veteran
FriendlyAurora Health's Clinical Staffing Services is seeking
Critical Care (ICU) Registered Nurses to join our stellar team of
float nurses!!!Experience:-- 2 years ICU experiencePerks of working
with Clinical Staffing Services (Float Pool):
- Experience travel nursing without the travel - Work within the
Aurora Healthcare system, floating to 4 different sites.-- Offering
excellent variability in your day-to-day, experiencing new
departments, faces, and build your nursing skills and
- No more "same ole' routine" - Working in various hospitals and
facilities helps to keep the days fresh and exciting (No more
MUNDANE!!!). Everyday can be a new journey that may open doors to a
new specialty area you may have never previously considered.
- Gain impressive work experience for career building -
Experience gained over time as a float nurse within a healthcare
system can demonstrate that you are a reliable and dedicated
employee that can learn on the go and rise to a variety of
- Compensation - Float nurses receive a competitive compensation
package that includes a base rate, additional float, shift, and
weekend differentials.-- Mileage reimbursement is available for
those that split their shift between facilities.
- Benefits & Flexibility - In addition to a competitive benefits
package, Aurora Health's Float Pool offers flexible
self-scheduling, no on call requirements, and only 2 holidays per
year!!!!!!Day shift positions are required to schedule 48-hours off
shift, 2 Fridays, and 24-hours on Weekends per 6-weeks (all hours
are self-scheduled)Night shift positions are required to schedule 2
Fridays and 24-hours on Weekends 6-weeks (all hours are
self-scheduled)--The Float Pool RN will serve as a champion in
- Being part of a highly skilled, resilient, and versatile group
of teammates committed to ensuring the delivery of quality and
compassionate healthcare to diverse patient populations in a
variety of settings.
- Quickly adapting and integrating into new working relationships
through consistent collaboration.
- Coordinating comprehensive patient care through the nursing
process to deliver safe, therapeutic care in accordance with
established standards, policies, and procedures.
- Leading efforts to always create the safest patient environment
and the best patient experience.
- Having the qualifications and competency to work in all acute
care facilities within the defined Market.Come join a winning team
where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every
time. Let Aurora Health be the destination for your professional
- Uses the nursing process to assess the needs of the patient,
plan and implement individualized interventions and evaluate the
effectiveness of the plan of care. Includes the patient and family
in planning and implementing care and develops and maintains a
therapeutic relationship throughout the healthcare continuum.
- Anticipates and recognizes significant changes in the patient's
condition, status, and need for care. Provides ongoing assessment
of the patient and takes appropriate actions when changes occur.
Anticipates and alters the plan of care as needed, mobilizes
appropriate resources, and collaborates with other health care team
members to coordinate patient centered care.
- Implements strategies to reduce patient risk and increase
patient safety. Assesses patient and family readiness to learn and
individualizes the approach as necessary. Works collaboratively to
develop strategies to meet the learning needs of the patient and
- Actively coordinates the discharge plan utilizing an
interdisciplinary approach. Applies evidence-based practice to
deliver patient care. Consistently incorporates nursing and
regulatory standards of care into practice.
- Provides ongoing evaluation of patient, team, and unit outcomes
and is empowered to take appropriate action when changes are
needed. Supports shared governance activities and initiatives to
improve processes and patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates effective communication, feedback, and conflict
resolution skills. Promotes collaboration among healthcare team
members. Assumes a leadership role in the care team and delegates
appropriately to unlicensed personnel.
- Promotes a culture of safety through identifying threats to
patient safety and intervening to prevent patient harm. Reports
patient safety events and near misses in a timely manner. Seeks to
identify potential safety issues and assists in the implementation
of corrective actions.
- Applies ethical decision making, demonstrates respect and
understanding for peers, and other clinical disciplines.
Participates as an effective member of the patient care team to
formulate an integrated, unbiased, individualized approach to
- Participates in quality/process improvement initiatives to
improve the functions of the department and the patient care
- Participates in professional activities which contribute to
personal professional development and the development of others.
Seeks opportunities to be taught, coached, and mentored. Attends
required meetings/educational programs and completes annual
competencies in a timely manner.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Must
demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development
over the life span and possess the ability to assess data
reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate
information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative
to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as
described in the department's policies and procedures. Age-specific
information is developed further in the departmental job
standards.Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- Registered Nurse license issued by the state in which the team
member practices, and
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare
Providers--certification issued by the American Heart Association
- Completion of an accredited or approved program in
- Typically requires 1 year of experience in relevant clinical
nursing.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Demonstrates progression to provide holistic patient care and
the ability to view clinical situations from a patient and family
- Demonstrates progression to recognize situational changes that
require unplanned or unanticipated interventions, and responds to
situations with confidence, timeliness and flexibility.
- Proficient computer skills, use of electronic mail and
electronic medical records systems.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), listening and
- Demonstrates human relation skills with the ability to develop
rapport and maintain positive, professional relationships with a
variety of patients, team members and physicians. Ability to take
initiative and work collaboratively with others.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively make critical, independent
- Excellent organization, prioritization and problem-solving
- Demonstrates time management skills with an ability to
multi-task and prioritize in an environment with frequent
- Demonstrates coordination, collaboration, delegation and team
- Certification Addendum
- Team members will maintain annual educational requirements for
hospital based certifications (e.g. DNV, CARF or others).Physical
Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, reach
above shoulders, and twist frequently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to:
- lift up to 50 lbs. from floor to waist.
- lift up to 20 lbs. over the head.
- carry up to 40 lbs. a reasonable distance.
- Must be able to:
- push/pull with 30 lbs. of force.
- perform a sliding transfer of 150 lbs. with a second person
- Position requires use of foot pedals on carts or machines.
- May be exposed to chemical and hazardous waste as well as blood
and body fluids and communicable disease. Therefore, protective
clothing and equipment must be worn as necessary.
- Must have functional speech, vision, hearing, and touch with
ability to use fine hand manipulation skills for IV insertion and
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.This job
description indicates the general nature and level of work expected
of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform
other related duties.Advocate Aurora Health Job ID #R43988. Posted
job title: Registered Nurse Critical Care (ICU) - Float PoolAbout
Advocate Aurora HealthAdvocate Aurora Health's 22,000 nurses
demonstrate our values of excellence, compassion and respect,
collaborating to advance our stated purpose of helping people live
well. To encourage you to be the best nurse you can, Advocate
Aurora will provide support, tools and resources for orientation,
education and professional development, in the care setting that is
best for you. Your voice as a team member will be heard clearly
whether you're at one of our 10 Magnet-- designated hospitals or
more than 500 sites of care.--Join our team and be inspired to
chart a course for Advocate Aurora to become the best place in the
nation for nurses to pursue their passion.Benefits
- Holiday Pay
- Guaranteed Hours
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Pet insurance
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Mileage reimbursement
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Life insurance
- Discount program
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Milwaukee , staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - Float ICU - Intensive Care Unit - $32-52 per hour, Healthcare , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!