staff - Lead Registered Nurse (RN) - ED - Emergency Department - $32-52 per hour
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Advocate Aurora Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) ED -
Emergency Department Lead for a nursing job in Milwaukee,
Wisconsin.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: ED - Emergency Department
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 24 hours per week
- Shift: nights
- Employment Type: Staff
This position is eligible for a SIGN-ON BONUS up to $10,000,
payable after hireStudent Loan Forgiveness up to $20,000Tuition
Assistance up to $7,200RN Referral $5,000 for Advocate Aurora
TeammatesMilitary/Veteran FriendlyMajor Responsibilities:
- Provides work direction to the clinical and support staff with
responsibility for the coordination of resources to efficiently
support procedures, day-to-day operations and the smooth flow of
patients through the department.
- Provides support for direct patient care by performing the
nursing process to deliver safe, therapeutic, and quality care
through assessment of patients, establishment and implementation of
the nursing care plan, and evaluation of clinical outcomes when
necessary. Promotes an environment conducive to the delivery of
safe, efficient and quality patient care, which may include
performing patient rounding on a daily basis.
- Coordinates the needs of the patient care team by initiating
service complaint follow-up when necessary and promoting
communication among patients, families, hospital departments and
medical staff to optimize the interdependence of team members.
- Acts as a resource to employees, which includes
training/orienting, providing day-to-day work direction, and giving
input on performance. Assigns, monitors, and reviews progress and
accuracy of work, directs efforts and provides guidance on more
complex issues in collaboration with the unit leadership.
- Assists with human resource responsibilities, which may
include: interviewing and selection of new employees, resolution of
employee concerns, and employee moral or other duties as assigned
in collaboration with unit leadership.
- Monitors employee assignments; maintains staff scheduling,
evaluates staffing levels and makes adjustments as necessary to
maintain productivity level established for assigned area(s).
- Monitors the quality of care provided. Assists in ensuring
policies and procedures are followed in compliance with the medical
center, the Nursing department, and regulatory and peer review
- Provides input to budget and ensures adequate supplies and
equipment and inventory are available for both the delivery of safe
patient care and a safe work environment.
- Works with management in developing new and existing programs
- Works with vendors for requested products and coordinates
in-services for equipment. Participates in product trials, and
submits recommendations to management in collaboration with the
unit Educator or CNS.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Must
demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development
over the life span and possess the ability to assess data
reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate
information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative
to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as
described in the department's policies and procedures. Age-specific
information is developed further in the departmental job
standards.Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- Registered Nurse license issued by the state in which the team
member practices, and
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare
Providers--certification issued by the American Heart Association
(AHA) needs to be obtained within 6 months unless department leader
has determined it is not required.Education Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.Experience Required:
- Typically requires minimum of 3 years of experience in clinical
nursing within an acute ED care setting.Knowledge, Skills &
- Demonstrates a holistic approach to nursing practice committed
to meeting the needs of the patient and family.
- Clinical and technical knowledge in area(s) of specialty.
- Ability to apply evidence-based interventions and nursing
skills/technology to correlate to the patient's response to an
individualized plan of care.
- Ability to recognize situational changes that require unplanned
- Proficient computer skills including keyboarding, navigation
within a windows operating system, use of electronic mail and
electronic medical records systems.
- Excellent communication, listening and interpersonal
- Demonstrates human relation skills with the ability to develop
rapport and maintain positive, professional relationships with a
variety of patients, staff and physicians.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively make critical, independent
decisions and the ability to think ahead, anticipate learning needs
and take preventive actions.
- Demonstrates time management skills with an ability to
multi-task and prioritize.
- Skilled at coaching and developing employees to achieve the
quality and service standards of the unit and medical center.
- Certification Addendum
- Team members will maintain annual educational requirements for
hospital based certifications (e.g. DNV, CARF or others).Physical
Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, reach
above shoulders, and twist frequently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to:
- lift up to 50 lbs. from floor to waist.
- lift up to 20 lbs. over the head.
- carry up to 40 lbs. a reasonable distance.
- Must be able to:
- push/pull with 30 lbs. of force.
- perform a sliding transfer of 150 lbs. with a second person
- Position requires use of foot pedals on carts or machines.
- May be exposed to chemical and hazardous waste as well as blood
and body fluids and communicable disease. Therefore, protective
clothing and equipment must be worn as necessary.
- Must have functional speech, vision, hearing, and touch with
ability to use fine hand manipulation skills for IV insertion and
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.This job
description indicates the general nature and level of work expected
of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform
other related duties.Advocate Aurora Health Job ID #R67158. Posted
job title: Registered Nurse Lead - ASLMC - Emergency
DepartmentAbout Advocate Aurora HealthAdvocate Aurora Health's
22,000 nurses demonstrate our values of excellence, compassion and
respect, collaborating to advance our stated purpose of helping
people live well. To encourage you to be the best nurse you can,
Advocate Aurora will provide support, tools and resources for
orientation, education and professional development, in the care
setting that is best for you. Your voice as a team member will be
heard clearly whether you're at one of our 10 Magnet-- designated
hospitals or more than 500 sites of care.--Join our team and be
inspired to chart a course for Advocate Aurora to become the best
place in the nation for nurses to pursue their passion.Benefits
- Holiday Pay
- Guaranteed Hours
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Pet insurance
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Mileage reimbursement
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Life insurance
- Discount program
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Milwaukee , staff - Lead Registered Nurse (RN) - ED - Emergency Department - $32-52 per hour, Healthcare , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!