staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU - Intensive Care Unit - $32-52 per hour
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Advocate Aurora Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) ICU -
Intensive Care Unit for a nursing job in Cudahy, Wisconsin.Job
Description & Requirements
- Specialty: ICU - Intensive Care Unit
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 36 hours per week
- Shift: nights
- Employment Type: Staff
- Looking for experienced nurses, newly licensed, and graduate
nurses to join our ICU team on nightsBuild your ICU skills in a 12
bed medical/respiratory in our Community Hospital by the Shore
- NEW - Loan forgiveness up to $20,000
- Up to $7,200 Education Assistance
- Sign On Bonus up to $10,000Minutes from Grant Park Beach, South
Shore beach , and McKinley Beach great for walking after work or
enjoying the outdoors #AuroraGMKERN
- Schedule Details/Additional Information
- average is every 3rd weekend rotation
- and holiday rotationLicensure, Registration, and/or
- Registered Nurse license issued by the state in which the team
member practices, and
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare
Providers--certification issued by the American Heart Association
- Completion of an accredited or approved program in
Nursing.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Demonstrates progression to provide holistic patient care and
the ability to view clinical situations from a patient and family
- Demonstrates progression to recognize situational changes that
require unplanned or unanticipated interventions, and responds to
situations with confidence, timeliness and flexibility.
- Proficient computer skills, use of electronic mail and
electronic medical records systems.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), listening and
- Demonstrates human relation skills with the ability to develop
rapport and maintain positive, professional relationships with a
variety of patients, team members and physicians. Ability to take
initiative and work collaboratively with others.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively make critical, independent
- Excellent organization, prioritization and problem-solving
- Demonstrates time management skills with an ability to
multi-task and prioritize in an environment with frequent
- Demonstrates coordination, collaboration, delegation and team
building skills.Certification Addendum:
- Team members will maintain annual educational requirements for
hospital based certifications (e.g. DNV, CARF or others)Physical
Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, reach
above shoulders, and twist frequently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to:
- lift up to 50 lbs. from floor to waist.
- lift up to 20 lbs. over the head.
- carry up to 40 lbs. a reasonable distance.
- Must be able to:
- push/pull with 30 lbs. of force.
- perform a sliding transfer of 150 lbs. with a second person
- Position requires use of foot pedals on carts or machines.
- May be exposed to chemical and hazardous waste as well as blood
and body fluids and communicable disease. Therefore, protective
clothing and equipment must be worn as necessary.
- Must have functional speech, vision, hearing, and touch with
ability to use fine hand manipulation skills for IV insertion and
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.This job
description indicates the general nature and level of work expected
of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform
other related duties.Advocate Aurora Health Job ID #R86152. Posted
job title: Registered Nurse ICU Nights South ShoreAbout Advocate
Aurora HealthAdvocate Aurora Health's 22,000 nurses demonstrate our
values of excellence, compassion and respect, collaborating to
advance our stated purpose of helping people live well. To
encourage you to be the best nurse you can, Advocate Aurora will
provide support, tools and resources for orientation, education and
professional development, in the care setting that is best for you.
Your voice as a team member will be heard clearly whether you're at
one of our 10 Magnet-- designated hospitals or more than 500 sites
of care.--Join our team and be inspired to chart a course for
Advocate Aurora to become the best place in the nation for nurses
to pursue their passion.Benefits
- Holiday Pay
- Guaranteed Hours
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Pet insurance
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Mileage reimbursement
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Life insurance
- Discount program
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Milwaukee , staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU - Intensive Care Unit - $32-52 per hour, Healthcare , Cudahy, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!