Nurse Extern - Spring 2024 Grads - Saint Luke's Medical Telemetry Units
Company: Advocate Health
Posted on: February 7, 2024
Unit Descriptions:11LM: If you want to work on a unit where you
will get lots of great experience and work with a fun,
knowledgeable group of nurses then come join our team! 11LM is a 23
bed medical - telemetry acute care unit. It's an exciting, fast
paced floor that provides excellent nursing care to a complex
patient population. We provide extensive learning opportunities for
new staff which includes our new added specialty of caring for
pre/post opiate use disorder (OUD) CV surgery patients. On top of
being one of the best units to work on we are very
multidisciplinary, so you'll have the opportunity to collaborate
with the social worker, case manager, pharmacist, registered
dieticians, physicians and of course the patients themselves to
enable them to handle their health care needs at home. 4CD: This is
a 24 bed Medical/Telemetry unit comprised of both private and
semi-private patient rooms. Most patients are admitted from the
Emergency Department making it a great learning experience for new
graduates. You will care for a very diverse population with
multiple acute and chronic illnesses including COPD, CHF, chest
pain, diabetes, wounds, cellulitis, stroke, pneumonia, and minor
surgical patients (appendectomy, cholecystectomy, etc). We are a
fast paced medical unit which is the perfect place to learn new
skills and have the opportunity to work as a partner alongside our
multidisciplinary team.Major Responsibilities:
- Under the observation of the Registered Nurse, completes
activities of daily living, vital sign completion and blood glucose
- Collaborates with the Registered Nurse in establishing a plan
of care based upon an analysis of health, education and
developmental needs and patient/family preferences.
- Under the observation of the Registered Nurse, evaluates
patient response to interventions and effectively communicates
observations and patient needs to the Registered Nurse.
- Develops delegation skills appropriate to Health Unit
Coordinators, Nursing Assistants and technical roles on unit.
- Administers medication as delegated by the Registered Nurse.
The level of clinical judgment and proficiency of skill must be
evaluated prior to medication administration.
- Manages an increased number of patients and incorporates
principles of time management into shift routine.
- Demonstrates an ability to collect and synthesize relevant
patient data accurately identifying patient status and needs.
- In emergency situations and under appropriate supervision of a
Registered Nurse, participates in activities they have demonstrated
knowledge and skill in.
- Performs various patient positioning and transporting duties,
which require lifting and pushing/pulling, while utilizing proper
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Must
demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development
over the life span and possess the ability to assess data
reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate
information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative
to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as
described in the department's policies and procedures. Age-specific
information is developed further in the departmental job
standards.Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- None Required.Education Required:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited or approved program in
- Current enrollment in an accredited nursing program.
- Successful completion of a Medical Surgical Clinical
- Successful completion of a Pharmacological Concepts
coursePhysical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, twist, and
reach above shoulders during the work shift.
- Must be able to:
- lift up to 50 lbs. from floor to waist.
- lift up to 20 lbs. over the head.
- carry up to 40 lbs. a reasonable distance.
- Must be able to:
- - push/pull with 30 lbs. of force.
- - perform a sliding transfer of 150 lbs. with a second person
- Will be required to use foot pedals on carts or machines.
- Must have functional vision and hearing.
- Will be exposed to mechanical, electrical, chemical, and
radiation hazards as well as blood and body fluids on a continuous
basis; therefore, protective clothing must be worn as
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.This job
description indicates the general nature and level of work expected
of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform
other related duties.
Keywords: Advocate Health, Milwaukee , Nurse Extern - Spring 2024 Grads - Saint Luke's Medical Telemetry Units, Healthcare , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!