Registered Nurse (RN) - Electrophysiology Lab
Company: Ascension, WI
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Job ID: 261819 Registered Nurse (RN) - Electrophysiology Lab Milwaukee, Wisconsin Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title:--Registered Nurse - Electrophysiology Lab City, State:-- Milwaukee,WI Location:-- CSM Hospital Milwaukee Department:---- Electrophysiology Lab Additional Job Details:----Full-Time, Day,--36 hours,Weekly About Us In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world---s largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care --- including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities --- in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We---re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin. Job Description Job Summary: The RN provides direct nursing care for cardiovascular patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. -- Responsibilities:
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrates clinical competence in assisting the physician in caring for patients in the Cardiovascular Lab by possessing a thorough understanding of cardiovascular anatomy and physiology, CV/EP procedure protocols and operation of specialized CV equipment. Is flexible in meeting department needs and in caring for patients undergoing diagnostic and interventional Cardiac, Vascular and Electrophysiology procedures.
- Coordinates the smooth and efficient workflow for patients in the CVL environment (e.g. supplies, equipment, medications and documentation).
- Acts as a resource to other departments in helping to develop and implement training opportunities for pre/post care of CVL patients as assigned. Supports other program needs such as Chest Pain Center accreditation, CMS compliance initiatives, JCAHO readiness and case analyses of Heart Alert patients.
- Participates in other duties as assigned including, but not limited to, Cardiovascular Research, Quality initiatives around core measures, ACC, ICD, Pacemaker, STEMI data collection and entry, scheduling, CVL inventory management and mentoring of new CVL associates.
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support--credentialed from the--American Heart Association (AHA)--obtained within--6 Months (180 days)--of hire date or job transfer date.--
- BLS Provider--credentialed from the--American Heart Association (AHA)--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- Licensed--Registered Nurse--credentialed from the--Wisconsin Board of Nursing--or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State"--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified--Cardiographic Tech--specializing in--Electrophysiology.--
- Registered--Cardiographic Tech--specializing in--Invasive Vascular Cardiology.--Heart Rhythm Society - Invasive Certification (HRS) accepted in lieu of Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) and Registered Cardiovascular Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES). Education:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required by date of hire. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred. Work Experience:
- RN with approximately 18 months or more of experience and/or meets all CSM entry level behaviors and competencies of the RN II - Cardiovascular Lab position. Ability to manage complex workload required. Telemetry experience preferred. Critical Care or Cardiovascular Lab experience strongly preferred. How To Apply We urge you to apply to any/all positions that you have interest in, and should you fit the qualifications for the role we will certainly reach out to you. Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well additional information that is requested of you. Information that you offer us will better assist us in understating your qualification and fit for the position(s) you---ve applied. -- Also to note, our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac Computers) or non-internet Explorer browsers. -- Please note that Ascension, and its affiliates and subsidiaries, will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.-- Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the ---EEO is the Law--- poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension, WI, Milwaukee , Registered Nurse (RN) - Electrophysiology Lab, Healthcare , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!