Surgical Coordinator - Registered Nurse (RN) - Surgery *Sign On Bonus Eligible*
Company: Ascension, WI
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Job ID: 259194 Surgical Coordinator - Registered Nurse (RN) - Surgery *Sign On Bonus Eligible* Milwaukee, Wisconsin Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title:--Surgical Coordinator - Registered Nurse (RN) - Surgery *Sign-On Bonus Eligible* City, State:-- Milwaukee,WI Location:-- Columbia St. Mary's--Hospital Milwaukee Department:---- Surgery Additional Job Details:----Full Time, Days 40 hours Weekly About Us In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world---s largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care --- including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities --- in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We---re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin. Job Description Job Summary: The Surgical Coordinator organizes and coordinates the activities and flow of work for the surgical services area. -- Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team to assist with problem identification and resolution, cost containment issues, implementation of new services, and systems/performance measures.
- Coordinates the handling and processing of office administration duties specific to assigned unit or department.
- Assists with the training and scheduling of staff.
- Facilitates the development of standards of care and measurable outcomes based on practice and research.
- Coordinates the ongoing education of staff as appropriate for unit and/or specialty.
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support--credentialed from the--American Heart Association (AHA)--obtained within--12 Months (1 year)--of hire date or job transfer date.--This certification is only required for Cardiac Rehab, ICU/Intermediate Care, Nrsg Admin, Med Surg 6E & 3S, Endoscopy/GI Units, Surgery, Surg Ambulatory, Recovery, Perioperative Care, Emergency, Testing & Treatment, Interventional Radiology.
- BLS Provider--credentialed from the--American Heart Association (AHA)--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support--credentialed from the--American Heart Association (AHA)--obtained within--24 Months (2 years)--of hire date or job transfer date.--This certification is only required for the Emergency and Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) Departments.
- Licensed--Registered Nurse--credentialed from the--Wisconsin Board of Nursing--or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State"--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.-- Education:
- Graduate of a board-approved Registered Nurse Program required Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred Work Experience:
- Recent, relevant experience as an expert clinician preferred. How To Apply We urge you to apply to any/all positions that you have interest in, and should you fit the qualifications for the role we will certainly reach out to you. Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well additional information that is requested of you. Information that you offer us will better assist us in understating your qualification and fit for the position(s) you---ve applied. -- Also to note, our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac Computers) or non-internet Explorer browsers. -- Please note that Ascension, and its affiliates and subsidiaries, will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.-- Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the ---EEO is the Law--- poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension, WI, Milwaukee , Surgical Coordinator - Registered Nurse (RN) - Surgery *Sign On Bonus Eligible*, Healthcare , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!