Patient Care Assistant (CNA PCA ) - 6 East Progressive Care Unit
Company: Ascension, WI
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Job ID: 258354 Patient Care Assistant (CNA PCA ) - 6 East Progressive Care Unit Milwaukee, Wisconsin Regular Additional Job Information Title:--Patient Care Assistant City, State:-- Milwaukee,WI Location:-- CSM Hospital Milwaukee Department:---- 6 East Progressive Care Unit Additional Job Details:----Part-Time, Night,--32 hours,Weekly About Us In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world---s largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care --- including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities --- in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We---re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin. Job Description Job Summary: The CNA/PCA assists with basic patient care activities. -- Responsibilities:
- Assists with procedures ordered by physician and supervised by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Assists patients with tending to personal care, activities of daily living and transfers/transport.
- Reports findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly.
- Responsible for keeping the unit environment clean and orderly.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider--credentialed from the--American Heart Association (AHA)--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- One or more of the following:
- Certified--Nurse Aide--credentialed from the--Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--CNA certification on the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry with eligibility to work within a hospital setting
- Student--Trainee--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--Nursing student with at least one completed adult clinical and currently enrolled in an accredited ADN or BSN degree program Education:
- HS or Equivalent--
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Graduate of an accredited nursing assistant program or must be enrolled and in good standing in an accredited ADN or BSN program with at least one adult clinical successfully completed. A nursing student is required to provide transcripts demonstrating passing grades within 3 weeks of each course completion. Work Experience:
- Previous CNA experience in a hospital setting preferred. How To Apply We urge you to apply to any/all positions that you have interest in, and should you fit the qualifications for the role we will certainly reach out to you. Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well additional information that is requested of you. Information that you offer us will better assist us in understating your qualification and fit for the position(s) you---ve applied. -- Also to note, our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac Computers) or non-internet Explorer browsers. -- Please note that Ascension, and its affiliates and subsidiaries, will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.-- Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the ---EEO is the Law--- poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension, WI, Milwaukee , Patient Care Assistant (CNA PCA ) - 6 East Progressive Care Unit, Healthcare , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!