Registered Nurse (RN) - Stepdown Intermediate Care (IMC)
Posted on: January 15, 2019
We Are Hiring Registered Nurse - Step Down Intermediate Care UnitJoin our family of dedicated, highly valued Intermediate Care nurses at Ascension - Ascension Columbia St. Mary's Milwaukee Ascension Columbia St. Mary's Hospital Milwaukee, is the state's first private, full-service hospital founded in 1848, offering a complete range of medical, surgical and advanced clinical specialties. Ascension Columbia St. Mary's opened its new $417 million hospital in October 2010 which is a national model for safe, efficient, patient-centered healthcare.Part time position RotatingWhy Join Ascension?
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Heart of Care: Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. That's why, at Ascension, we invest in our nurses so they can have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve. When it comes to professional development, we offer many continuing education opportunities.
- Front Lines: Nurses are on the front lines of the care we provide, and for that reason, All Saints prides itself in employing some of the best nurses in Wisconsin. And while we pride ourselves in having some of the most experienced nurses in the state, we always welcome exceptional new nurses who are eager to join our team.What You Will Do As a Step-Down Nurse, you will provide an intermediate level of care for our patients who require care somewhere between a Med Surg Unit and the Intensive Care unit. Your patients will need a high level of nursing care and surveillance. As a step-down nurse, you will monitor patient vital signs, record and interpret data, assess patient recovery rates and you will also help doctors determine treatment methods. You will also provide general patient care, assist doctors with procedures, and deal with any emergencies that come up. As your patients recover, you will help educate them about their condition and how to avoid any relapses after they leave the hospital.What You Will Need Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date. This certification is only required for the Women's and Children's Departments including Neonatal Intensive Care.
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date. This certification is only required for Cardiac Rehab, ICU/Intermediate Care, Med Surg 6E & 3S, Endoscopy/GI Units, Surgery, Surg Ambulatory, Recovery, Perioperative Care, Emergency, Testing & Treatment, Interventional Radiology.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 24 Months (2 years) of hire date or job transfer date. This certification is only required for the Emergency and Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) Departments.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Graduate of a board-approved Registered Nurse Program required by hire date or job transfer date Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred NCLEX eligible in a Direct Entry Masters of Nursing program accepted in lieu of diplomaWork Experience:
- Ability to manage complex workload required.Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:M/F/Disabled/VetEEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: Ascension, Milwaukee , Registered Nurse (RN) - Stepdown Intermediate Care (IMC), Healthcare , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!