Posted on: February 14, 2019
We Are Hiring Supervisor -Lab - Lab Support Services 001 - Full-Time Days - St. Francis - Milwaukee, WIWhy Join Ascension? In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care - including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities - in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.What You Will Do As an Associate with Wheaton Franciscan-WI, you will have the opportunity to supervise the daily activities of a defined laboratory section.Responsibilities:
- Establishes policies, procedures and protocols for testing.
- Oversees quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Defines analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and reference ranges for test methods.
- Serves as a resource to laboratory staff as well as other members of the healthcare team.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. ASCP, AAB or NCA certificationEducation:
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Bachelors Degree in Medical Technology required Work Experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical laboratory experience with a minimum of one (1) year experience in the area of responsibility required.Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:M/F/Disabled/VetEEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: Ascension, Milwaukee , Lab Supervisor, Healthcare , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!