Posted on: February 14, 2019
We Are Hiring Pharmacist - Pharmacy Services General 001 - Full-Time, Rotating - CSM Hospital Milwaukee - Milwaukee,WIWhy Join Employer? In Wisconsin, Employer operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Employer provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Employer is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Employer is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.What You Will Do As an Associate with Columbia St. Mary's-WI, you will have the opportunity to assures the appropriate selection, dosing, administering, and dispensing of medication orders.Additional descrtiption:50 percent of time in ambulatory care clinic - day shift - time dependent on clinic hours.50 percent of time in hospital clinical practice - first shift starting between 6 and 8am, rotating PM shift approximately 2 every 6 weeks, every third weekend, and rotating holidays.Responsibilities:
- Reviews and assesses medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential and actual drug related problems. Recommends formulary alternatives when appropriate.
- Compounds and dispenses medications for accurate delivery to patients.
- Provides drug information and education to medical staff and patients.
- Communicates with physicians and other clinicians as necessary to facilitate care.
- Responsible for all medication processes of patient care, including: Product selection, Dosing, Route selection, Regimen review, Ensuring safe medication administration, Monitoring for desired therapeutic outcomes, Identifying and avoiding errors and adverse drug events.
- Performs clinical and financial interventions.
- Adheres to the Joint Commission Medication Management Standards and CMS Conditions of Participation - Pharmacy Practice Standards.
- Acts as the leader of the medication management team by guiding Pharmacy technicians to fulfill the necessary dispensing functions to ensure positive patient outcomes.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Pharmacist obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy required Pharmacy Doctorate preferredWork Experience:
- Two years experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Ambulatory care experience (warfarin clinic preferred), hospital experienceEqual Employment Opportunity Employer Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfM/F/Disabled/VetEEO is the Law Poster Supplementhttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdfE-Verify Statement (HEALTH MINISTRY) participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Milwaukee , Pharmacist, Healthcare , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!