Registered Nurse (RN) - Labor and Delivery (Union)
Posted on: February 15, 2019
We Are Hiring Registered Nurse I (Union) - Labor and Delivery Join our family of dedicated Labor and Delivery Nurses at Ascension St. Francis. We are a full-service hospital on Milwaukee's south side that has been serving the local community since 1956. With a large medical staff of more than 700 doctors, the hospital can provide the scope of services of a large medical center without losing that small community hospital atmosphere that our patient's notice the minute they walk in our doors. From free valet service and room service to the latest in orthopedics, neurological disorders and cardiac care. Our hospital provides a family-centered birth experience, with the expertise, amenities and preferences that will make this time both unforgettable and safe for the parents and the newborn. We have one of the most experienced medical staffs in the region - including two fully-staffed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Units. Come join our team, and work full-time days with an employer of choice and a community advocate.Why Join Ascension?
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Heart of Care: Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. That's why, at Ascension, we invest in our nurses so they can have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve.
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.What You Will Do As a Labor and Delivery Nurse, you'll serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care for both mother and baby. This includes implementing and monitoring patient care plans and carrying out physician's orders. The care does not stop at the hospital stay, this also includes assessing and coordinating the patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team. At Ascension St. Francis, you will provide direct nursing care in a diverse healthcare environment in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of our organization. What You Will Need Required Credentials:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.Education:
- Graduate of a board-approved Registered Nurse Program required
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferredWork Experience:
- RN with a minimum of 2-year experienceEqual Employment Opportunity Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:M/F/Disabled/VetEEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: Ascension, Milwaukee , Registered Nurse (RN) - Labor and Delivery (Union), Healthcare , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!