Registered Nurse Surgery Recovery
Posted on: February 15, 2019
We Are Hiring Join our family of dedicated, highly valued Recovery Room Nurses at Ascension Columbia St. Mary's Milwaukee.Ascension Columbia St. Mary's Hospital Milwaukee is the state's first private, full-service hospital founded in 1848, offering a complete range of medical, surgical and advanced clinical specialties. Ascension's Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care, including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities across 22 states and the District of Columbia.Come join our team, we are an employer of choice and a community advocate. Hours: Full-time DaysWhy Join Ascension?
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Teamwork: The Nurses who have called our surgery department home for years are an invaluable resource, but new nurses are a welcome addition to our family! Our team approach ensures that every nurse who joins us is supported and educated to become an integral part of a surgery department at Ascension Columbia St. Mary's Milwaukee.
- Heart of Care: Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. That's why, at Ascension, we invest in our Nurses so they can have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve.What You Will Do As a Recovery Room Nurse with Ascension, you will care for patients after various types of surgery. You will implement and monitor patient care plans while serving as the primary coordinator for all disciplines of patient care.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date. This certification is only required for the Women's and Children's Departments including Neonatal Intensive Care.
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date. This certification is only required for Cardiac Rehab, ICU/Intermediate Care, Med Surg 6E & 3S, Endoscopy/GI Units, Surgery, Surg Ambulatory, Recovery, Emergency, Testing & Treatment, Interventional Radiology.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 24 Months (2 years) of hire date or job transfer date. This certification is only required for the Emergency and Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) Departments.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Graduate of a board-approved Registered Nurse Program required
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred Work Experience:
- RN with approximately 18 months or more experience and/or meets all CSM entry level behaviors and competencies of the Clinical Nurse 2 position. Ability to manage complex workload required.Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:M/F/Disabled/VetEEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: Ascension, Milwaukee , Registered Nurse Surgery Recovery, Healthcare , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!