Posted on: April 18, 2019
We Are Hiring Technologist-Sonography - Ultrasound 001 -
Part-Time,Weekend Options - CSM Hospital Milwaukee -
Milwaukee,WIWork Schedule - 0 Saturday and Sunday the vast majority
of the weekends throughout the yearWhy Join Ascension? In
Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related
healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500
associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230
million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty
in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is
a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering
compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to
persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is
the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's
largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care -
including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities -
in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit We're looking for
talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare
across Wisconsin.What You Will Do As an Associate with Columbia St.
Mary's-WI, you will have the opportunity toPerforms diagnostic
procedures on patients using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and
body structure, providing quality images for
- Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers
transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists in a variety
of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential
problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and
documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to
include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film
storage area and any other areas in department.
- Maintains compliance with regulatory agencies.What You Will
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular
Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or
job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Sonography credentialed
from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. General
Radiography is also required in addition to Sonography. State
Radiology Technologist licensure issued by Wisconsin Radiography
Examining Board required.
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date
or job transfer date. Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required Work Experience:
- None required.Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Wisconsin
is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against
employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed,
color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or
conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic or status protected by law.For further
information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link
to the "EEO is the Law" poster:M/F/Disabled/VetEEO is the Law
Keywords: Ascension, Milwaukee , Sonography Technologist, Healthcare , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!