Company: Ascension (System Office)
Posted on: November 11, 2019
We Are Hiring
Radiation Therapist - Radiation Oncology Anc 001 - Full-Time Days -
Water Tower Medical Commons - Milwaukee, WI
Work Hour: 7-5:30 PM - (which flex daily depending on patient
needs) There are weekend call hours, but we have a rotation so call
usually happens every 7-8 weeks.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100
related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension
Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care
clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare
organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018,
Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community
benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to
transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As
one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the
U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate,
personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In
FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons
living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension-WI, you will have the opportunity to
administer radiation therapy by exposing specific areas of the
patient's body to prescribed doses of radiation.
* Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic parameters
* Delivers appropriate patient treatment plan in collaboration with
physician and dosimetrist.
* Maintains detailed records of all therapy sessions.
* Maintains and adjusts necessary equipment, including linear
* Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters
* Ensures all activities comply with regulatory agency
* Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and
documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and
* Assists in maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly department to
include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film
storage area and any other areas in department.
What You Will Need
* Required Credential(s):
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job
* Radiation Therapist credentialed from the American Registry of
Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job
* High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
* Bachelor Degree Preferred
* None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not
discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of
age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability,
arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: Ascension (System Office), Milwaukee , Radiation Therapist, Healthcare , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!