Housekeeping Opportunities- St. Lukes
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Primary Purpose As EVS Assistant's, we make the first impression
to patients and families. We are the reason patients can focus on
getting healthy and not on dust bunnies in the bathroom, stains on
the carpet or trash on the ground. We provide our patients and
co-workers a peace of mind that helps save lives and helps people
live well. Major Responsibilities
- Cleans patient care areas, surgical areas, public/private
restrooms, conference rooms, lobbies, offices, elevators, and
- Cleans all environmental surfaces including ceilings and vents,
walls, doors, furniture, beds, bathroom fixtures, and windows.
Assists in cleaning emergency spills as requested.
- Dusts and damp mops floors in patient and exam rooms,
corridors, stairwells, restrooms, and other areas of the
- Replaces cubicle and window coverings.
- Gathers and disposes recyclables, trash, and medical waste.
Collects hazardous trash following established infection control
- Sorts, stocks and delivers linens. Gathers and prepares soiled
linen for transportation.
- Cleans and prepares dismissal and transfer units and certain
equipment used in the care of patients and distributes non-medical
supplies to specific areas.
- Fills and cleans supply dispensers.
- Inventories linens, cleaning supplies and paper supplies and
orders additional in a timely and cost effective manner. Keeps
housekeeping closet organized and clean.
- Reports any mechanical failures or unsafe conditions to the
supervisor.#WorkAtAuroraKey: Environmental Services, Cleaner,
Janitor, Custodian, HousekeeperScheduled Hours
- 1st shift: 7:00am-3:30pm
- 2nd shift: 3:30pm-12:00am
- 3rd shift: 10:30pm-7:00amLicenses & CertificationsNone
Required.DegreesNo Formal Education.Required Functional
ExperienceNo experience requiredKnowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to follow and understand oral and written instructions
and communicate with others.
- Ability to work alone and to understand the physical
arrangements of the facilities.
- Performs tasks without disrupting operations of the doctors,
nurses, patients, public, and other staff.Ability to set
priorities, be aware of and follow department policies and
procedures in all situations.
- Basic computer skills.Excellent customer service skills.
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Milwaukee , Housekeeping Opportunities- St. Lukes, Hospitality & Tourism , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!