Company: Glorioso's Italian Market
Posted on: November 22, 2021
PAID VACATION!! BONUS!!! 401K!!!Family owned since 1946,
Glorioso's Italian Market is in need of a full-time Sous Chef for
our store. We are looking for a motivated, dedicated and passionate
person who can accurately and efficiently cook pastas, meats, fish,
vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare
and portion food products prior to cooking.Tasks for which you will
- Assist the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef in both
culinary and administrative tasks.
- Prepare a variety of pastas, meats, seafood, poultry,
vegetables and other food items in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers
and a variety of other kitchen equipment according to our
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion
sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules,
policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line
stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard
portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including
tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, saut--
burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, saut--ing or
other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist
for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- To have total accountability for the day to day running of the
kitchen service in the absence of the Executive Chef or Executive
- Please note that, while appreciated, the video portion of the
application is not required. Not completing the video cover letter
will not hurt your chances of being accepted for the
- A successful candidate will have prior kitchen experience and
be willing to learn.
- Formal culinary training (school) is beneficial but not
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Comfortable working with a team in a fast-paced kitchen
- High level of professionalism
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include nights,
weekends and holidays.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of
- At least 1 year experience in a similar capacity.Glorioso's
Italian Market, is a 75 year old, well established family, Italian
grocery store located on the lower "East Side" of Milwaukee,
Wisconsin.The store is primarily an Italian Grocery and
Delicatessen, with a reputation for Italian and Specialty Foods
that reaches from coast to coast. The store includes Milwaukee's
number 1 delicatessen, prepared fresh to go foods, coffee service,
bakery, cheese, wine, and spirits.
Keywords: Glorioso's Italian Market, Milwaukee , Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!