Company: Advocate Health Care
Posted on: November 26, 2022
- Cleans furniture and carpets in rooms, hallways, stairs, and
offices using power equipment. Cleans and maintains floor surfaces
with dry and wet mops. Refinishes floors, including machine
scrubbing and/or stripping floors and applies floor finish.
- Operates various types of cleaning equipment, both mechanical
and electrical. Notifies appropriate person of safety hazards and
of equipment needing repair. Cleans equipment, cart, and service
closet daily. Assists in cleaning emergency spills as
- Uses chemicals, cleaning products and equipment for their
intended purpose to maintain a safe, cost-effective environment.
Ensures all cleaning supplies are labeled and references Material
Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) as necessary.
- Sets up rooms for meetings and delivers audio visual equipment
to the rooms.
- Cleans patient care areas, public/private restrooms, conference
rooms, lobbies, offices, elevators, and stairwells. Performs
scheduled terminal and project cleaning in surgical areas.
- Cleans all environmental surfaces including ceilings and vents,
walls, doors, furniture, beds, bathroom fixtures, and windows.
Dusts and mops floors in patient and exam rooms, corridors,
stairwells, restrooms, and other areas of the facility.
- Gathers and disposes recyclables, trash, and medical waste.
Collects hazardous trash following established infection control
- Sorts, stocks and delivers linens. Gathers and prepares soiled
linen for transportation. Inventories linens, cleaning supplies and
paper supplies and orders additional in a timely and cost effective
manner. Fills and cleans supply dispensers. Replaces cubicle drapes
and window coverings.
- Cleans and prepares dismissal and transfer units and certain
equipment used in the care of patients and distributes non-medical
supplies to specific areas.
- Reports any mechanical failures or unsafe conditions to the
supervisor. Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- None Required. Education Required:
- No Formal Education. Experience Required:
- No experience required. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to operate various types of cleaning equipment,
including machine scrubbers, carpet cleaners, waste compactors,
- Ability to follow and understand oral and written instructions
and communicate with others.
- Ability to work alone and to understand the physical
arrangements of the facilities.
- Performs tasks without disrupting operations of the doctors,
nurses, patients, public, and other staff.
- Ability to set priorities, be aware of and follow department
policies and procedures in all situations.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent customer service skills. Physical Requirements and
- Must be able to:
- lift up to 50 lbs. from floor to a maximum 5 ft.
- lift and carry up to 30 lbs. at waist height a reasonable
- Must be able to:
- push/pull up to 50 lbs. with the assistance of other staff
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, climb stairs, reach above
shoulders and crawl to complete tasks.
- Must also be able to shovel and spread salt or sand on snow, so
will be exposed to outside temperatures and weather conditions as
- Must have ability to walk or stand the majority of the
- Must have ability to wear protective clothing as will have
exposure to strong germicidal solutions, cleaning chemicals,
temperature changes, soiled linen, infectious waste (blood and body
fluids). Requires that incumbent be familiar with policies on
handling infectious and hazardous waste.
- Must have ability to safely operate power cleaning equipment
such as machine scrubbers or carpet cleaners as well as non-power
cleaning equipment and ladders telescoping up to 20 feet.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job, including
telephones, zone phones, and pagers. This job description indicates
the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It
is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent.
Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.Apply
NowJoin our Talent Network
- Share Support Services at Advocate Aurora Jobs like this
- Housekeeping, FT 2nd shift Grafton, WI
- Housekeeping; PT, 1st shift Hartford, WI
- Food Service Assistant; FT, 1st shift Oconomowoc, WI
- Food Service Assistant: FT, 1st shift Oconomowoc, WIAdvocate
Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single
day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences,
great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique -
from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the
things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences
inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions - for our
team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is
built upon relationships, it's important for the people we serve to
be able to trust us to meet their unique needs. By cultivating an
atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming
environment where our patients can heal, our team members can
thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a
diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will
broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient
Keywords: Advocate Health Care, Milwaukee , Housekeeping, Hospitality & Tourism , Hartford, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!