Product Merchandiser - Full-time / Weekdays Only
Company: General Pet Supply
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Description: Position Overview: Merchandiser is primarily
responsible for store set, placing orders to replenish inventory,
receiving inventory and merchandising of shelf space for our
grocery customers, as well as increasing sales. This position will
have responsibility for providing service to customers located in
the NW Milwaukee and Sheboygan areas including: Sheboygan,
Markesan, Columbus, Brookfield and Milwaukee. About Us: General Pet
Supply is a division of Central Garden & Pet Company, a leading
distribution company in the lawn and garden, and pet supply
industries. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented distributor of pet
food and supplies with operations based throughout the Midwest.
Essential Job Functions:
- Visit grocery customers to merchandise the customers order,
dust and straighten the department and place customers order for
next service date.
- Update store sets with new items and seasonal products.
- Tag and price store pet departments.
- Sell and merchandise displays and clip strips.
- Acquire more shelf/floor space.
- Locate/identify new account leads.
- Communicate with store managers to build relationships and
promote the sale of shippers and displays.
- Build product displays for customers on an as needed basis,
approximately one per month.
- Responsible for submitting expense reports online to be
approved by the Vice President of Sales and Marketing for
- Regular attendance.
- Previous knowledge of the pet supply industry is beneficial.
.Requirements: Qualifications / Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of previous grocery or merchandising experience.
- Knowledge and experience of setting a department.
- Excellent organization and communication (written and verbal)
skills. Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Knowledge of computers and use of the Internet.
- Able to use and operate general office equipment including
10-key calculator, copy machine, fax machine, printer and
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of sales concepts
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, have tactfulness
and be diplomatic. Must be able to work well with all vendors,
customers and departments within the Company.
- Must be a self-starter, work with minimal supervision, flexible
and able to work under tight deadlines.
- Must possess valid Drivers License, current automobile
insurance and reliable transportation.
- A larger vehicle (SUV/Van) is required in order to carry and
delivery product, displays, etc to some locations.
- Able to travel as necessary and work overtime on short
- Position requires long periods of driving (up to 3-4
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a repetitive basis to
load/unload vehicle and stock store shelves. We are an equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
characteristic protected by law. PM19
Keywords: General Pet Supply, Milwaukee , Product Merchandiser - Full-time / Weekdays Only, Hospitality & Tourism , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!