MilwaukeeRecruiter Since 2001
the smart solution for Milwaukee jobs

Payroll Specialist & Accounting Assistant

Company: Kelly Services
Location: Milwaukee
Posted on: November 22, 2021

Job Description:

**Kelly Services** in partnership with our customer in Wauwatosa is seeking a qualified candidate for a Direct Hire role as a **Payroll Specialist & Accounting Assistant** . In this Direct Hire role, you will start as an employee of the customer organization on day number one.
**Job Details:**
Hours: Full time Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm (flexibility to start earlier)
Pay: $19-25/hr. based on skills and experience
Benefits: Health Insurance (including vision), 401(k), life insurance, PTO including combination of vacation and sick/personal time, paid holidays
**Job Duties:**
This full-time job will support two sides of their business - 60% of time will be spent in a Payroll Specialist Capacity while the other 40% will be spent in the Accounting assistant role/job duties.
**Payroll Related Job Duties (60%)**
+ Ensure timely and accurate payroll processing for a group of tax and accounting clients
+ Reconcile and prepare quarterly and annual payroll reports
+ Handle incoming payroll related questions by phone or email
+ Complete or assist with worker's compensation audits
+ Perform employee maintenance on new hires and existing clients
+ Process retirement plan contributions
**Accounting Related Job Duties (40%)**
+ Assist the accounting and tax staff with data entry
+ Process annual 1099's
+ Assist with preparation of personal property tax returns
+ Complete monthly bank reconciliations
+ Respond timely to client requests for information
**Job Requirements:**
+ 5 years of experience processing all aspects of payroll and performing basic accounting functions
+ Experience with MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook, ability to perform accurate data entry
+ Solid understanding of current technologies and ability to embrace change
+ Excellent written and verbal communication skills
+ Sensitivity to confidential information is critical
+ Strong organizational and troubleshooting abilities
+ Willingness to find answers to a client's questions or concerns
Please apply now for this immediate **Direct Hire Payroll Specialist & Accounting Assistant** role. You may also submit a resume to Angie - .
**Why Kelly** **--** **?**
You're looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we're here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.
**About Kelly** **--**
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.

Keywords: Kelly Services, Milwaukee , Payroll Specialist & Accounting Assistant, Human Resources , Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Click here to apply!

Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!

I'm looking for
in category
within


Log In or Create An Account

Get the latest Wisconsin jobs by following @recnetWI on Twitter!

Milwaukee RSS job feeds