Electrician - A Shift (5:45 am - 6:00 pm), $36.25/hr plus $7500 sign on bonus
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.We cultivate and embrace a
diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse
backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and
enrich our global culture.We are looking for an individual who
enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to
be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.Job
The Electrician is responsible for maintaining existing electrical
system infrastructure to ensure a safe electrical
environment is provided for all employees, contractors, etc. The
Electrician also maintains facilities and production
equipment to operate in the safest and most productive condition,
supporting continuous improvement, production
strategies, and plant reliability strategies.
Essential Job Duties:
- Understands and adheres to governmental regulatory programs and
policies. These may include but are not limited to
- National Electrical Code, Environmental Protection Agency
(EPA), Uniform Building Code (UBC), National Fire
- Protection Association (NFPA) 70, National Electric Code, NFPA
70B Electrical Maintenance, NFPA 70E Arc Flash
- Electrical Safety, NFPA 79 Electrical Standard For Industrial
Machinery and local government environmental agency
- Practices and complies with all plant and maintenance
department safety procedures, including but not limited to:
- Lock-Out - Tag-Out; Arc Flash and Hot Work Permits.
- Understands the concept of Permit Required Confined Spaces and
assists with proper alternate entry of re-classified
- confined spaces when necessary.
- Follows all applicable good manufacturing practices (GMP's) for
- Maintains and uses appropriate personal protective equipment
(PPE) in accordance with OSHA, food handling before
- and after equipment inspection and repair activities.
- Attends classes, seminars, and in-house training as needed to
maintain skill level with changes in the industry.
- Makes improvements and suggestions to optimize maintenance
- Executes and document planned and unplanned work findings and
data during shift via computerized maintenance
- management system (CMMS). Execution and resolution of equipment
- Leverages methodologies including, but not limited to: root
cause analysis (RCA), break down failure analysis (BDA)
- and cause maps to identify and resolve equipment issues.
- Utilizes predictive maintenance technologies to identify
failures and takes correct follow-up actions. Predictive
- maintenance technologies include ultrasound, thermal imaging,
Electrical and current analysis.
- Documents the cause of the failure and works with maintenance
team, planner, supervisor, or other team members to
- take action to prevent a reoccurrence of the failure.
- Understands and interprets technical documents and diagrams
which include but are not limited to: factory manuals,
- blueprints, schematics, Single Line Electrical Drawings,
mechanical and electrical equipment schematics, pneumatics,
- hydraulics, and Process and Instrumentation Diagrams
(P&ID's), and etc.
- Performs basic functions such as running conduit and piping to
- Capable of calibrate and set-up instrumentation.
- Applies industry knowledge to identify aging and obsolete
- Understands and uses code for troubleshooting Programmable
Logic Controller (PLC's), Human Machine Interface
- (HMI's), Variable Frequency Drive (VFD's), etc.
- May perform other duties as required.Scope of
This position does not have direct supervisory
responsibilities.Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Read, comprehends, and carries out detailed written or oral
instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Write and present information in one-on-one and small group
situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the
- Communicate/interact with all levels of employees in a
- Work and function as a team member in a team-based
- Perform simple arithmetic functions including addition,
subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers,
decimals, fractions, and mixed numbers.
- Measure using devices.
- Convert measurements from feet/inches to decimals and vice
versa. Draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Use a computer for data entry and documentation of maintenance
findings on work orders.
- In some cases, upload and download of technical manuals and
specifications from CMMS or internet.
- Must be able to use a basic calculator
- Effectively work and function in a team based collaborative
- Requires attention to detail, mechanical ability and ability to
- Must be able to make good decisions under pressure.
- Ability to resolve problems involving multiple variables in
high stress situations.
Education and Experience:High School Diploma or GED; a minimum of 2
years of experience in a manufacturing facility (Food & Beverage
preferred) performing electrical maintenance duties, inspections,
troubleshooting and repairs required. Where applicable, must pass
an electrical comprehension test.
- Some college or formal technical school education with
demonstrated aptitude and skills in electrical maintenance and
- Experience with mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, steam and
- 4+ years of experience as an Industrial maintenance
Professional Licenses or Certifications:
- Obtain and maintain all applicable state permits and/or
- Massachusetts requires a Journeyman license.
- Must be forklift certified or able to obtain forklift, aerial
- Valid Driver's License required.
Travel Required:Minimal travel may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.ACRThe Company is committed to providing equal
opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the
employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.In that regard, U.S. applicants and
employees are protected from discrimination based on certain
categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Milwaukee , Electrician - A Shift (5:45 am - 6:00 pm), $36.25/hr plus $7500 sign on bonus, Human Resources , Franklin, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!