Machine Operator Day Shift - Minimum $18/hr plus $2,500 Sign-On Bonus
Company: Brady Corporation
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Brady Corporation Overview
Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of
complete solutions that identify and protect people, products and
places. Brady's products help customers increase safety, security,
productivity and performance and include high-performance labels,
signs, safety devices, printing systems and software. Founded in
1914, the Company has a diverse customer base in electronics,
telecommunications, manufacturing, electrical, construction,
medical, aerospace and a variety of other industries. Brady is
headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and as of July 31, 2021,
employed approximately 5,700 people in its worldwide businesses.
Brady's fiscal 2021 sales were approximately $1.14 billion. Brady
stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BRC.
More information is available on the Internet at
The innovative spirit, the contagious energy and passion for
collaboration drive the sense of community we've built. We work
better when we're all together, so all jobs are on-site.
The Machine Operator will be responsible for operating equipment in
the areas of coating, compounding, and/or converting. This position
is responsible for the production of valuable, defect-free products
that meet or exceed our customers' expectations. The machine
operator will be successful in this position by executing to
standard work and adhering to all company policies.
Positions are 12 hour day shift positions (5:50am - 6:00pm). This
position is located at our manufacturing plant at 2230 W. Florist
Ave in Glendale, WI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform production equipment set up, clean up, safe operation and
operator level maintenance of assigned equipment
* Ensure machines are running properly to create product to desired
specifications. Read measurement devices such as rulers or calipers
to ensure correct product specifications and tolerances are adhered
* Prepare pump and filtration systems for production process.
* Follow detailed written product specifications, perform
in-process inspection, and operator level quality testing to
maintain and ensure product quality. Evaluate and tag out defects
* Troubleshoot and perform process adjustments to maintain product
* Perform roll changes using material handling equipment and web
* Maintain quality standards while meeting daily and weekly
production goals. Maintain misses and quality issues as
* Operate material handling equipment including forklifts and
pallet jacks as required.
* Identify gaps and process improvements proactively. Participate
in continuous improvement initiatives.
* Maintain accurate paperwork, labeling, packaging and material
transaction. Support Lean Daily Management and Key Performance
Indicator tracking. Record production data for entry in the ERP
system in an accurate and timely manner.
* Maintain safe working conditions in the department and maintain
general housekeeping where appropriate.
* Performs other tasks as assigned. Responsibilities include, but
are not necessarily limited to, the tasks listed on this job
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
* Basic computer (e-mail, Microsoft Office, and data entry) and
* Ability to physically perform job and safely lift & carry 50 lbs
repeatedly, stand for 80% of shift, push/pull 100 lbs, and climb
14" 20-rung ladders.
* Ability to read & follow written directions and troubleshoot
* Mechanical aptitude (working with hand tools, pneumatic tools,
following work instructions for disassembling and reassembling
various types of process equipment).
* Must be able to read a ruler accurately within 1/64".
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Previous experience experience in roll forming/printing/web
* Previous experience with forklift operation and lean
* Desire to learn and willingness and ability to be cross-trained
on other machines.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
work independently as well as in a team environment.
* Flexible in schedule to work overtime and weekends.
* Sign on bonus paid within 90 days of hire
Keywords: Brady Corporation, Milwaukee , Machine Operator Day Shift - Minimum $18/hr plus $2,500 Sign-On Bonus, Human Resources , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!