Human Resources Generalist
Company: Greif Brothers
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to
make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always
Job Requisition #:
020927 Human Resources Generalist (Open)
Provides HR support to mill employees and HR assistance to
leadership at the Wisconsin Paperboard Mill.
* Oversees the local HR function, working closely with the assigned
Regional HR Manager
* Is available to employees and helps with their concerns and HR
* Maintains Workers' Compensation files; assists investigations,
works with employees for speedy recovery.
* Maintains employee's attendance records; provides guidance for
* Participates as member of plant safety committees.
* Performs administrative support duties, supporting Greif managers
and projects as requested.
* Prepares and/or processes paperwork, including but not limited to
the attendance program, employee reimbursements, leaves of absence,
sickness/accident claims, retirements and terminations.
* Oversees the recruiting and processing of new employees. Assists
in screening employment applications. Coordinates interviews,
physical examinations and background checks as requested.
* May assist in the coordination of employee events.
* May fill in for, assist or interface with other plant support
functions including, data entry, filing and tracking of
information, accounts payable, ordering supplies and receiving
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School Graduate or equivalent. Bachelor's degree
* 1 - 3 years required; 3 to 5 years of generalist experience in a
manufacturing setting preferred.
* Fluent in Spanish (read, write and speak) strongly preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Demonstrated interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
* Working knowledge of MS Office software and computer
* Proficient in use of common office equipment and personal
* Knowledgeable in administrative, payroll and bookkeeping
practices and procedures.
* Working knowledge of applicable HR-related regulations (i.e.,
FLSA, ADA, OSHA).
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity
for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will
not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of
sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age,
national origin, color, disability, or veteran status.
EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read
Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.
Keywords: Greif Brothers, Milwaukee , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!