Finishing Machine Operator 3rd Shift - $17.50 - $19 / hr - New Berlin Moorland Road
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment
and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad s
state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class
automation and binding technology. Our platform gives our clients a
full range of options to produce personalized marketing products.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you ll find hard work is
good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done -
something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
Finishing Machine Operators Quad In-Store provides in-store
marketing materials and programs for many of the nation s leading
retailers and brand marketers. Quad In-Store offers extensive
production expertise and resources to develop attention-getting,
sales-driving shopper marketing programs in conjunction with other
Quad solutions. From design and prototype services through
large-format printing, finishing operations and customized kit
packing, Quad In-Store works with retailers and brand marketers to
create a destination in-store. Job DescriptionQuad In-Store is
currently seeking entry level and skilled machine operators ($17.50
- $19 / hr depending on experience) to work in our facility on
Moorland Road in New Berlin. Machine operators are responsible for
set up and operation of finishing equipment, including but not
limited to: Die Cutters, Guillotine Cutters, and Stock Mounters.
Job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform set up and operation of various finishing equipment to
- Inspect product to determine conformity to quality
- Move work-in-process to and from the machine via electric
pallet jack or forklift.
- Read and understand job tickets.
- Complete necessary job paperwork.
- Report productivity achievements, waste/defects.
- Adhere to production schedule and quality requirements.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor, finishing operators,
material handlers and co-workers.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and production
adjustments equipment as needed. Qualifications The ability to bend
and lift 10-15 pounds continuously, ability to lift up to 70 pounds
occasionally, stand long hours, use hands and wrists continuously
in controlled movement. Receive and follow instructions and use
vision in order to identify defects, performing repetitious tasks
in a fast-paced atmosphere with or without a reasonable
accommodation is necessary. Mechanical aptitude and excellent
communication skills, including good verbal and written
comprehension is required. The ability to perform basic math
calculations is essential. Prior Machine Operator experience and
proven familiarity of finishing equipment is desired. Education and
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to receive and follow instructions and use vision in
order to identify defects.
- Strong math skills and knowledge of simple computer
- Ability to read, interpret and process written job instructions
including those dealing with dimensions and quantity.
- Must have attention to detail and ability to work
- Mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including good verbal and
written comprehension is required
- Experience with forklift operation and/or other material
handling equipment a plus.
- This position is for 3rd shift Mon - Fri. 11:00 pm - 7:00 am
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including
401(k), holidays, vacations and more. Quad is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to
creating a place of belonging - a space where employees do not need
to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad
does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race,
religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status,
genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable
federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of
applicants and employees based on any of these protected
categories. Drug Free Workplace
Keywords: Quad, Milwaukee , Finishing Machine Operator 3rd Shift - $17.50 - $19 / hr - New Berlin Moorland Road, Human Resources , Greendale, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!