Senior Software Project Engineer
Company: rockwell automation
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Senior Software Project Engineer
Architecture and Software
No. of Positions
Software and Engineering
Yes - Domestic
As a Software Project Engineer for Rockwell Automation, you will
have the opportunity to design and develop industry-leading
commercial software known for its innovation and usability.--- You
will also be responsible for performing intermediate to complex
level software testing tasks including, but not limited to, test
architecture, development, planning, scheduling, and execution.In
this position, you will be a key player in subsystem design,
implementation, and testing. You will play an active role in all
the stages of the development lifecycle and support your team
throughout the process. You will also help ensure that developed
products meet requirements and are within total quality management
standards. This position will allow you to collaborate with and
influence multiple global cross-functional teams and may also
require you to be the technical lead of a small to mid-sized
When you join our software engineering group, you become part of a
team that believes in knowledge sharing and collaboration and that
is committed to using reliable and well-thought-out engineering
practices and technology to overcome any challenges.
We are looking for someone who will effectively leverage a diverse
set of technical backgrounds and opinions by fostering a
team-oriented environment and the use of open and direct
communications, honesty and respect. The ideal candidate will also
actively seek knowledge of new developments in the software
engineering, computer engineering, and test automation fields and
will identify and pursue career development and training
- Independently gathers and documents requirements for a feature
and its components, ensuring the information required for the
- development of software and corresponding test cases are
contained in the specifications.
- Contributes to architectural design and independently develops
system designs that meet the requirements. Provides estimates for
the design. Considers tradeoffs between requirements, speed, cost
and reliability in the choice of a design approach.
- Implements and documents code that meets the requirements of
the software design.
- Develops and executes thorough unit test plans. Reports,
analyzes, debugs and corrects anomalies. Takes the lead in the
integration of other components by solving problems within and
across subsystems to produce a final product. Responsibilities may
extend to the technical management of the design, testing and
integration of other engineers' work in related areas.
- Leads or participates in reviews of documents, designs, code,
test cases and user documentation.
- Typically responsible for the ongoing maintenance and integrity
of several software subsystems.
- Builds relationships and interacts with peers to ensure
assigned tasks are prioritized appropriately.
- Thinks outside the box and is willing to research and explore
new avenues to overcome obstacles by utilizing the latest
technologies and standards. May function as a go-to person for a
technology, software methodology, or other area of expertise.
- Takes the lead on identifying and recommending software
development capability improvements in the areas of software
development practices and development tools
- Clearly communicates and conveys design concepts, both verbally
and in writing.
- Able to learn and understand complex control system
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not
sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for
this job opening
- Typically requires a minimum of twelve years of experience in a
software product development environment
- Experience in large, scalable distributed systems and/or SaaS
- Software development on Cloud and Mobile platforms
- Object orientated design using C++, C#, or Java
- Proficiency in TypeScript, Node.js, Angular framework,
- One or more of the following - High availability, performance
and scalability, micro services, SOA, modern database
architectures, highly automated test systems, rapid prototyping,
demonstrable experience of taking concept to product, Web
technologies, security, data communication, and contemporary user
- Software development on both Windows and Linux
- Technical team leadership
- Direct experience with design patterns and architecting modular
- Direct experience with the Industrial Automation industry is
- Direct experience collaborating with local and global technical
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including
disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance
or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please
contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7427.
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in
industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the
imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand
what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more
sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell
Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated
to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about
how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across
industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Mayfield Heights - Ohio, Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Keywords: rockwell automation, Milwaukee , Senior Software Project Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!