Sr SQL Server DBA
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Opportunity at a Glance
As an Sr. DBA the role will be to ensure sound delivery of
technical services providing maximum uptime and exceptional client
and customer service. You will be part of a team supporting
cloud environments that delivers our SaaS learning management
platforms and ecommerce environments to clients and customers
across the United States.
The environment is fast-paced and supports a DevOps mindset. The
Sr. DBA will be required learn existing infrastructure, have the
ability to make sound technical decisions for complex systems, and
help deploy/support feature-functionality according to the SDLC.
You will become a subject matter expert pertaining to the
infrastructure that delivers our services and partner with
different cloud providers to ensure the systems are providing
maximum uptime and top tier system performance.
The successful candidate for this role will have strong analytical
and troubleshooting skills, experience with multiple technology
platforms, solid communication skills, works well within a team and
cross teams, along with a desire to continue learning and strive
for continual improvement.
The employee is expected to adhere to ethics policies and practices
as established by OnCourse Learning.
- Responsible for implementation, management, and maintenance of:
cloud environments, servers, storage, network devices, and
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues
- Work with various teams and vendors to provide infrastructure
- Professionally represent the infrastructure team as a technical
resource on projects.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and
- Maintain good working relationships with all service providers
and vendor to ensure that services received meet expected
requirements of contract
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure that
systems support the organization's business requirements and meet
the needs of end users.
- Defines systems requirements based on user/client needs, cost,
and required integration with existing applications, systems, or
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree and/or 4 to 6 years relevant industry
- Solid technical background in a cloud services model relating
to infrastructure, networks, storage, software, and
- Strong working experience with the following technologies:
Windows OS and/or Linux, Microsoft Active Directory, MSSQL Server,
MYSQL, Apache, and IIS
- Hands-on experience with MSSQL Always On Availability Groups,
Redgate SQL Toolbelt, and database reporting architecture
- Good working knowledge around storage, networking, and the
ability to script
- Knowledge of security as it relates to cloud based
- Experience with incident ticketing systems
- Experience using monitoring tools and APMs
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision making
- Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with third party
service providers and vendors
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with development teams strongly desired
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome
everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and
inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic
selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we
do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Who We Are
OnCourse Learning is a premier enterprise compliance, risk
management, and professional development education solutions
provider. Over 10,000 financial institutions and partners have
adopted OnCourse Learning solutions to efficiently manage
complexity, change, and growth. We've empowered over 300,000
mortgage students, both beginners, and professionals, to fulfill
legal requirements, achieve professional goals, and accelerate
The mission of OnCourse Learning is to grow people and businesses
by applying a consultative partnership approach to compliance,
licensure, and professional development education while leveraging
efficient, effective, and engaging learning solutions. We enable
career success with unmatched education offerings that deliver
desired learning outcomes powered by a flexible, purpose-built
learning management platform. Learn more about OnCourse Learning,
part of Adtalem Global Education, at .
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We pride ourselves in nurturing a culture that encourages everyone
to bring their full selves to work each day. To us, diversity and
inclusion needs to be intentional to be impactful. We don't just
welcome differences, we celebrate them. #WeAreAdtalem
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, to
visit our Diversity page.
Keywords: Adtalem, Milwaukee , Sr SQL Server DBA, IT / Software / Systems , Brookfield, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!