Senior Director of Information Technology - FT
Company: Mount Mary University
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Senior Director of Information Technology is responsible for
the development, implementation, integration and support of
academic and administrative technology. This position works in
close collaboration with senior leadership to shape technology
vision, provide policy direction, ensure best practices around
cybersecurity, and lead the development of technology strategies
that support and advance the University's mission and strategic
goals. This position works closely with all areas of the university
and ensures the timely delivery of effective, efficient and
exceptional customer service to the community. Primary
- Provide the University with a high-level view of technology,
its impact in both academic and administrative areas and emerging
trends of importance to higher education and the University.
- Provide leadership and management to IT Services staff with
knowledge of and sensitivity to the University's information
technology-related objectives and the needs of its academic and
- Communicate the vision, goals, objectives, actions, policies,
opportunities and challenges as they relate to the University's
Mission and technology services.
- Manage the University's technology-related operating and
- Establish information technology policies for the acquisition,
use and cost-effective application of technology.
- Assist the University in creating, implementing and maintaining
policies that promote the appropriate security of IT resources.
Serve as the University's information security officer and FERPA
and HIPAA data privacy officer.
- Oversee the operation of IT Help Desk and desktop, classroom,
and event technology support services.
- Oversee the configuration, operation, maintenance and support
of enterprise applications, systems, and network.
- Ensure the efficient delivery of high-touch, high-quality, and
timely technology services to the campus community.
- Provide consultation to the university community on technical,
resource, and training requirements, recommended spending and work
priorities or schedule considerations for technology
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships.
- Participate in and/or chair IT Services related
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, or special projects as
assigned. Skills and Experience :
- Five or more years of progressively increasing experience
managing an information technology department required.
- Information Technology experience in an academic environment is
preferred, including relevant experience and understanding of
current issues and developments in higher education.
- High degree of systems understanding, impact analysis, and
ability to guide the development of a comprehensive technology
- Strong understanding of security risks and effective
- Familiarity with the outsourcing market for IT services and
when to consider supplementing internal expertise with outside
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of established
professional codes of ethics and best practices for implementation,
management and support of information technology.
- Outstanding verbal, writing, and presentation skills; must be
able to communicate and interact effectively with Mount Mary
students, employees, and alumnae.
- Exceptional ability to multitask and prioritize projects.
- Strong commitment to customer service with a customer-first
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication
skills, including the ability to work with diverse groups,
facilitate group process and foster collaborative decision making.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business
Administration, or related field required; Master's degree
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform primary functions.
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must reach, bend, stoop, lift.
- Must sit, walk or stand.
- Some repetitive motion may be required. Working Conditions:
- Varying workflow; sometimes stressful with high workload times
of the year.
- Complete work required within a limited space.
- Complete work required within a limited time. Mount Mary
University encourages applications from all qualified candidates
and is vitally committed to all aspects of diversity, equity and
inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from qualified
candidates and all will receive consideration for employment
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
ethnicity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information or any other
groups protected by law. Mount Mary seeks to hire and retain
personnel who will make a positive contribution to its mission,
vision and values.
Keywords: Mount Mary University, Milwaukee , Senior Director of Information Technology - FT, IT / Software / Systems , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!