Network Systems Administrator
Company: Metalcraft of Mayville
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Metalcraft of MayvilleMetalcraft of Mayville is an Equal
Opportunity Employer:Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with
disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Network Systems AdministratorUS-WI-MayvilleJob ID: 2Type: Regular
Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category: Information TechnologyMetalcraft
of Mayville, Inc.Overview Metalcraft is looking to hire a Network
Systems Administrator, responsible for overseeing an organization s
computer systems or database networks to ensure proper maintenance
and security. Their duties include working with other IT staff and
company employees to identify network or computer system needs,
overseeing the installation of new hardware or software and using
employee feedback to isolate issues. Responsibilities
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance;
troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling and
performing upgrades; collaborating and taking direction from
- Establishes networking environment by designing system
configurations; defining, documenting, and enforcing system
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies;
defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining
personal networks; participating in professional
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by
completing related results as needed.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing
information; managing projects.
- Analyze business needs and translate those into project
- Work with department heads to create an open dialog and create
issue and enhancement priorities.
- Support multiple locations and off-hours when needed.
- Multiple manufacturing applications support to include
homegrown database support.
- Propose system improvements, new software and any projects
which will move the company forward.
- Contribute to strategy sessions and help guide business
management in their use of technology.
- Documentation and cross training.
- Respond to email messages for customers seeking help.
- Walk customer through problem-solving process.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issues have been resolved.
- A Bachelor s Degree in IT and/or Business or equivalent work
experience is required.
- A minimum of six years of networking experience and at least
six years in IT overall.
- Excellent team player
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft platforms.
- Experience in a virtual server environment
- Cisco knowledge and experience of implementation, configuration
and trouble shooting.
- PLC knowledge and experience
- SQL Server knowledge
- Strong skills in: project management, customer service, vendor
management, communications skills, facilitation, leadership,
problem solving, analytics, and modeling
- Access knowledge a plus, but not required.
- Kronos experience a plus, but not required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment Equal opportunity
employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with
disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity. PM17
Keywords: Metalcraft of Mayville, Milwaukee , Network Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Mayville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!