IT Delivery Manager - Enterprise Mobility (Hybrid-Remote)
Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
* This position is Hybrid-Remote in the Milwaukee, WI or Boca
Raton, FL areas
What you will do
The Enterprise Service IT Mobility Solution Delivery Manager is
accountable for successful design, build, test, and deployment of
IT solutions that enable the Service functions of the Johnson
Controls Field Service business. The Field Service business
consists of three regions, has more than 30,000 technicians and
consists of 3 service lines of business:
* HVAC and Controls: air systems, chillers, and building
* Fire Protection: fire detection, protection, suppression, and
* Security Solutions: intrusion detection, access control, video
surveillance, and alarm monitoring.
The position operates within a matrixed IT Operating Model in which
the IT Mobility Solution Delivery Manager is primarily accountable
for the design and architectural governance of mobility solution
channels that enable Commercial and Services platforms. You will
work in collaboration with a broader team of architects from
Marketing, Commercial, ERP, Data, Automation and Enterprise
functional teams along with stakeholders from Information Security,
Delivery, Program Management, and Business-IT Engagement.
How you will do it
* Leverage Agile, DevOps and Product Oriented ways of working to
lead the design, build, test, and deployment of IT solutions,
partnered with Business Champion, IT Business Partner, Project
Manager, and IT Operations, to achieve scope, cost, schedule,
quality, adoption, and value outcomes.
* Provide functional management of IT Delivery team members
including Application Delivery Leads, Systems Analysts, and
Developers, Solution Architects, Technical Architects.
* Manage an IT Delivery team that consists of both internal and
external team members.
* Provide insights and thought leadership on industry/functional
trends and best practices to guide technology decisions in context
to business priorities.
* Participate in creation of high-level Service process and
technology evolution roadmaps, partnered with business stakeholders
and IT colleagues.
* Participate in creation of IT investment proposals and/or Agile
Release Trains, collaborating with business stakeholders and IT
colleagues to define scope, ROI, risks & mitigations, major
components of work, staffing requirements, and financial needs.
* Participate in Steering Committees, Operating Committees, and/or
Agile Program Increment Events to guide activities, make trade-off
decisions, and remove roadblocks.
* Provide end-to-end delivery services specifically for service
mobility platforms, applications, services, and tools: web, mobile,
marketing, sales, digital products, integrations and data
* Provide technical leadership and innovation across the solution
development in driving Commercial enterprise technology standard
strategies and methodologies.
* Responsible for the successful delivery of Fiscal Year Project
* Provide quote/estimates and schedule for projects in
* Capacity Planning for delivery of the regional portfolio.
* Manage Delivery KPIs for the region.
* Mentor and Guide ADLs and SI partners on project deliveries from
requirements through to hypercare.
* Delivery SI/Partner management for the region including
applications/tool selection, budgets, quality, timings,
* Ensure technology selection, solution design and technical
implementations are aligned to both global standards and regional
roadmap as applicable
* Partner with Business Stakeholders, IT Regional Leadership,
Enterprise Architecture and PMO on the successful delivery of the
* Ensure that the IT Delivery team is engaged in portfolio
* Ensure that Delivery input is incorporated into PMO Planning.
* Ensure standards for technical reviews, peer reviews, and
feedback cycles are set and followed.
* Ensure technical and delivery governance is in place across the
Digital platforms for the region.
* Represent Digital Solutions Delivery at Steercos and regional
governance fora as applicable.
* Ensure portfolio delivery complies with company security,
operational and privacy standards as required.
* Work closely with Regional IT Directors as key stakeholders and
partner in planning and estimation of portfolio, governance.
* Continuously publish and manage Delivery KPIs.
* Hold accountability for Solution Delivery commitments to BUs.
* Drive continuous improvement by facilitating retrospectives,
teaching problem-solving techniques and driving greater
* Ongoing collaboration across other Delivery organizations and
* Foster a culture of technical discipline, craftsmanship,
innovation, transparency and collaboration.
* Ensure collaboration and balanced of internal and external focus
across Digital Solutions and other delivery organizations to ensure
excellent delivery to the region.
* Ensure consistent delivery across projects (irrespective of
methodology) with the use of standardized delivery tools, processes
* Manage resolution of interpersonal conflicts and issues beyond
the ADL authority.
* Support risk management, regulatory compliance, cybersecurity,
and audit remediation activities.
* Support business continuity and disaster recovery efforts.
* Support definition and utilization of IT governance processes and
What we look for
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or
Engineering; Master's in Business Administration or Technology
* 7+ years of experience with 5 years in relevant technical
management IT roles
* -Solid IT general management skills (organizational, financial,
and operational management)
* Exceptional leadership skills to achieve outcomes in a heavily
matrixed management environment
* -Experience leveraging the Waterfall, Agile, Hybrid, DevOps and
Product Oriented solution delivery methodologies
* -Adept technical delivery platform and tools visionary, strategy
creation and long-term plan realization skills
* Strong communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
* Hands-on experience working with strategic Mobility Solutions
technologies (Xamarin, Azure Application Management API, Azure
Functions, WebJobs, SQL, Application Insights, Azure AD, Web APIs,
Microsoft.NET, NuGet) and a thorough understanding of industry
trends, vendors, frameworks and practices
* -Solutioning experience in large Commercial and Services and/or
Customer Experience operational domains
* Understanding of agile delivery principles and quality software
engineering processes and practice
* Experience in Azure DevOps / CI / CD
* Expert in cloud concepts including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and
* Experience with the design and development of object-oriented
systems, developing solutions, and integrating platforms using
enterprise integration software e.g. MuleSoft and Oracle
* Experience with low code mobile development platforms as an
alternative to custom development
* Track record of leading complex IT solution delivery efforts for
$1-3 billion businesses
* Track record of planning and executing programs to harmonize
processes and converge IT systems
* Track record of planning and delivering a portfolio of projects
in the range of $1-2 million per year
* Experience in managing teams consisting of both internal and
external personnel in which greater than 60% of personnel are
external (ie, outsourced)
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any
other characteristic protected by law. To view more information
about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a
candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a
disability and you require an accommodation during the application
process, please visit here.
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Milwaukee , IT Delivery Manager - Enterprise Mobility (Hybrid-Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!