Director of Construction-Milwaukee Developer
Company: Michael Page US
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Director of Construction-Milwaukee Developer Milwaukee Permanent
USD125,000 - USD140,000 per year
- Looking for an individual with strong experience at a GC
- Well established company with a strong reputation in the
marketAbout Our ClientClient at a glance:
- Privately family owned and managed since its founding, my
client is a developer, owner, and manager of commercial and
residential real estate throughout Wisconsin - and are beginning to
branch out into the Mountain West.
- Located downtown Milwaukee, WI
- A company where everyone knows everyone will never feel like
just a number. Several of their employees came from larger outfits
and could not have been happier with the culture, feel and
work/life balance compared to the larger corporations they were
- Do a variety of things, they own all their own buildings and
developments. Their projects range from small to large
multi-family, office buildings and land developments. They can do
projects of all sizes and locations across the nation.
- Extremely financially secure company - they are in an
exceptionally good position and do not normally ever bring in
outside investors.Job DescriptionKey responsibilities:
- Manages all facets of project management (budget, schedule,
procurement, quality & risk) for individual real estate projects
including planning, estimating, design, construction, occupancy,
- Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard
to complex documents affecting real estate development projects,
including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, leases, work
letters, project charters, surveys and drawings.
- Interfaces directly with internal or external clients to define
project requirements. Prepares scope of work, project delivery
resource requirements, cost estimate & budget, cash flow, work plan
schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk
- Identifies project delivery resources from pre-qualified lists
or through individual project qualification process; conducts
standard to complex request for proposals; completes bid analysis;
leads evaluation interviews, recommends resources to clients.
- Implements communication plan for meetings and written
reports/meeting minutes to keep executives and project resources
informed. Facilitates project meetings.
- Implement project documentation governance aligned with company
and executive requirements. Ensure project data integrity and
documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
- Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives,
approved budgets, approved timelines. Reports status and variances.
Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based
on an individual's status in any group or class protected by
applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications
from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all
other qualified applicants.The Successful ApplicantWhat our client
is looking for:
- Bachelor's degree, Architecture, Construction Management,
Engineering or Equivalent
- Master's degree in related discipline preferred but not
- Understanding of large / complex ground up real estate
- 6+ years direct construction management experience
- Past leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to implement strong cost controls
- Willingness to travel 25% of the time
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software and Microsoft
- Ability to read architectural drawings and a working knowledge
of CADD is desirable but not requiredWhat's on OfferWhat our client
- Both personal and company bonuses
- 401K with company match
- Short and long term disability.
- Will cover COBRA if necessary.
- Life Insurance.
- PTO up to 3 weeks starting, paid company holidays and sick
- Paternity and Maternity leave.
- Excellent company culture, flexible work hours and great
leadership in place.
- Company tech (iPad, laptop and cell phone).
Keywords: Michael Page US, Milwaukee , Director of Construction-Milwaukee Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...