Technical Support Specialist
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Leading global technology company specializing in sustainable
energy.This Jobot Job is hosted by: Jessica JohnsonAre you a fit?
Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us
your resume.Salary: $63,000 - $74,000 per yearA bit about
us:Technology leader serving industries, infrastructure and machine
builders with world-class drives. With our products, global scale
and local presence, we help our customers to improve energy
efficiency, productivity and safety. Our people and culture are the
foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for
our customers every day.Why join us?
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent Benefits
- Over 120+ years in business
- In over 100 countriesJob DetailsYou will be providing technical
support to Customers/ End users, Sales Channel, Product Management
Teams, and Drive Services. The area of technical support includes
but is not limited to, Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs), 3 Phase
Power, Control System wiring, and Communications.Your
- Provide technical support via phone & email for common problems
related to the application of LV (Low Voltage) Variable Frequency
Drives (VFDs). This includes but isn't limited to assisting
customers and field techs with commissioning, troubleshooting, and
- Analyze problems and initiate effective measures for their
solution. Coordinate activities with related groups to most
efficiently achieve objectives to ensure customer satisfaction.
Participate proactively in contributing feedback to the Quality
department regarding product quality issues.
- Execute product warranty while ensuring customer satisfaction
and simultaneously achieving cost-control objectives. Provide labor
authorization for independent service representatives known as the
Drives Authorized Service Contractors (DASCs) to perform
troubleshooting and repair work on Drives at customer sites
throughout North America. Execute policy to help support Drives
that are out of warranty.
- Maintain communication with other departments to stay abreast
of product release and up-dates. Maintain technical competence in
troubleshooting and repair of Drives.
- Enter each reportable case as applicable in the Salesforce Case
Management System. Provide adequate notes in the case for each
- Required to provide technical support during the evenings and
weekends on a rotating schedule.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and
regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.Your
- High school diploma/ GED and 4 years of related working
experience (Electrical, Technical) or Associate degree in a related
field (General Engineering, Technical) and 2 years or working
experience or Bachelor degree in a related field (Electrical
Engineering, Other Engineering Fields, Electrical) required.
- Ability to respond to inquiries from customers and communicate
effectively in English, both verbal and written is required.
- Have a firm understanding in the principles of electricity.
Must be able to apply these principles in the troubleshooting of
- Previous experience troubleshooting a technical product over
the phone highly preferred.
- Knowledge or understanding of Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs),
motors, and/or control system wiring and communication protocols
(Modbus, BACnet etc.) highly preferred.Interested in hearing more?
Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Milwaukee , Technical Support Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...