Fiber Circuit Design Technician
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Description Love Your Mondays again!
Fiber Circuit Design Technician
Fiber Circuit Design Tech supports the role of receiving Qmanager
Issues from the respective PM teams, to get orders entered
correctly into MetaSolv, with the proper provisioning plan, circuit
id naming convention, circuit design, and producing the BOM where
applicable. These orders support all carrier customers and advances
services including but not limited to: PON based, Dedicated fiber,
NNIs, Eline, DIA, and EVC/EVPL. Fiber Circuit Design Tech is also
responsible for producing the bill of materials for Accedian
deployments, with corresponding SFPs based on customer needs such
as hand-off (copper, multi-mode fiber, and single mode fiber).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Enter new orders into M6 for the various PM teams.
- Assign the proper provisioning plan, based on service
- Creation of the circuit id and design, based on variables such
as PON or Dedicated Fiber.
- Create the respective BOM for the PM team to order, for orders
that are applicable.
- Interdepartmental communication and education.
- Aid and communicate with other departments and escalation
points relevant to the activation, troubleshooting and resolution
of customer issues
- Provide a high level of customer satisfaction following the
guideline set forth by Business Support leadership
- All other duties as assigned
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- 2-5 years' experience with LAN/WAN technologies and
- Fundamental understanding of SIP and IP Telephony. (Metaswitch
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience in Service Specific Troubleshooting Methods
- Demonstrate proficiency in all interactions that they are
handled with quality and the customer experience in mind
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism via email, phone and
- Proven ability to work under pressure and handle high stress
What we offer
An opportunity to fuel your passions. We offer full benefits
package, Health, Vision, Dental with competitive pay and aggressive
401k match up to 6%. You will have an opportunity to put your brand
on paper and leave your mark on the Telecomm industry as we
continue to grow rapidly!
Metronet is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate
against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual
orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national
origin, color, disability, or veteran status.
Join us and find out what it means to love your career!
At Metronet, we are the nation's largest independently own 100%
Fiber Optic company founded in the Midwest. We are customer-focused
and provide cutting-edge fiber optic communication services,
including fiber internet and full-featured Fiber Phone. We have
been growing communities since 2005 and have built networks in more
than 250 cities across 16 states.
We are proudly recognized as a Top Diversity Employer by Diversity
Jobs in 2022. We believe in our people by growing their talent,
offering career paths, advancement opportunities and skill
Keywords: Metronet, Milwaukee , Fiber Circuit Design Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!