Senior Contracts Attorney
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Reporting to the Vice President of Strategy, Business Development &
Deployment within Rexnords Process & Motion Control (PMC) platform
and the Assistant General Counsel of the Corporate Legal Team, the
Sr. Contracts Attorney role will provide functional leadership and
expertise across all aspects of the platforms contracting
processes. Performing a range of contract-related responsibilities,
independently as a business partner as well as under the direction
of PMC management and the Rexnord Legal Department, the Contracts
Attorney will review, evaluate, negotiate and execute contracts and
other related terms and conditions documents, including, but not
limited to, requests for proposal, sales contracts, vendor
contracts, non-disclosure agreements, and leases. As a business
partner with PMC management, the Contracts Attorney will employ
their knowledge of business arrangements to analyze agreement
structures and recommend the proper contractual agreement(s) to
support the business need. The Contracts Attorney will also be the
first point of contact for answering questions and resolving issues
regarding a contract during the entire term of the agreement. The
successful candidate will perform all functions with a high level
of accuracy, accountability, and initiative.
* Lead all aspects of PMCs contract development while working
closely with business leadership, internal functional groups, and
external counterparts to evaluate, analyze, negotiate, seek
approval, execute, file, and establish post-signing management
processes across a wide variety of complex agreements.
* Serve as the point person to implement and manage a broad range
of contracts and agreements, including: confidentiality and related
non-disclosure agreements, commercial contracts with strategic
accounts, OEMs, and distributors, IP licenses, supplier contracts,
real estate leases, and a range of routine contracts and
* Manage the process of engaging input of internal stakeholders and
managing approval processes throughout contracting process.
* Provide contractual support to e-commerce and other key business
* Serve as the primary person responsible for maintaining files and
electronic records for all signed agreements.
* Summarize key contracts to key internal audiences accountable to
meeting obligations and securing benefits of agreements.
* Partner with cross-functional teams (Sales, HR, Marketing
Finance, and Operations) to establish sound contract management
processes, and resolve contract-related business challenges.
* Assist in-house attorneys with the development and maintenance of
* MANAGES COMPLEXITY: Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and
sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve
* DRIVES RESULTS: Consistently achieving results even under tough
* STRATEGIC MINDSET: Seeing ahead at future possibilities and
translating them into breakthrough strategy
* COLLABORATES: Building partnerships and working collaboratively
with others to meet shared objectives.
* COMMUNICATES EFFECTIVELY: Adjusts communication style and message
to fit different audience needs
* INSTILLS TRUST: Gaining the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity and authenticity
* PLANS AND ALIGNS: Planning and prioritizing work with strong
attention to detail in order to meet commitments aligned with
* ENSURES ACCOUNTABILITY: Holds self and others accountable to meet
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIRED
* Minimum 10-15 years of contracts management experience in a
global manufacturing company.
* Juris Doctor degree or equivalent
* Experience negotiating domestic (U.S.) and international
* Demonstrated knowledge of legal and contractual terms for a wide
range of legal agreements.
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive
* Strong business acumen and deep understanding of commercial and
financial implications of strategy development process.
* Ability to use critical thinking to solve problems with a high
degree of scope and terms/conditions complexity.
* Experience performing risk assessments to maximize achievement of
program financial and performance goals, enhance customer
satisfaction, improve profitability and support new business
* Demonstrated project and process management with ability to
multi-task routine and complex contract and proposal activities
while responding to unplanned quick response requirements as they
* Team player capable of leading and participating within
cross-functional project teams to meet key milestones under tight
timelines and stressful conditions
Rexnord is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global
industrial company with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a
diverse array of global end markets. Founded in 1891, Rexnord is
headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs
approximately 8,000 associates worldwide. For more information
about the company visit www.rexnordcorp.com.
Our Process & Motion Control platform designs, manufactures,
markets and services highly engineered mechanical components that
help customers increase productivity and prevent downtime. Rexnord
aerospace products can be found throughout aircraft from the engine
to the landing gear. Our Water Management platform offers water
solutions that help protect human health and the environment.
The company is operated in a disciplined way with the Rexnord
Business System (RBS), a process-based framework for world-class
operating performance and continuous improvement. RBS enables
speed, scalability and consistency to drive superior customer
satisfaction and financial results. By deploying our RBS
methodology, Rexnord continues to solidify and grow long-standing,
globally competitive businesses, while systematically integrating
acquisitions and finding new ways to grow.
Doing the right thing has been part of our core values for more
than a century. So have volunteerism and philanthropy, and our
Rexnord Foundation formalized this commitment more than 60 years
ago. We make our communities better with individual and
organizational volunteering, matching gifts, grants, scholarships
and corporate donations.
Within Rexnord Power Transmission, we design, manufacture, market
and service specified, highly engineered mechanical components
worldwide used within complex systems where our customers
reliability requirements and the cost of failure or downtime are
extremely high. We keep industry moving with products and services
that enhance the reliability of equipment supporting key
industries, including food, beverage & liquid, automotive, energy,
and mining. Our new digital productivity platform, DiRXN
(pronounced Direction), based on the integration of innovative
Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and e-commerce technologies
with a leading portfolio of tools, products and services, connects
our customers to data and information that allows them to optimize
productivity across all stages of their lifecycles.
TOTAL REWARDS AND BENEFITS
* Competitive Salary & Variable Incentive Compensation Plan
* Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, and Life
* Discretionary Personal Retirement Account
* Matching 401(k) Contribution
* Health Savings Account
* Educational Reimbursement
* Matching Gift Program
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITY/FEMALE/DISABILITY/VETERAN
Keywords: Rexnord, Milwaukee , Senior Contracts Attorney, Legal , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!