Posted on: February 16, 2020
OverviewOur Unit Clerk performs a variety of clerical duties
related to the updating and organizing of information on the
nursing units. Clerical work is coordinated within the unit as well
as with other units and departments. This position is also
responsible for maintaining the integrity of the medical record and
other information binders used in the delivery of health services.
Will also float to other units as needed to cover general clerical
- High school diploma or equivalent required.Experience:
- Basic knowledge of office organization and management practices
- Medical Terminology, medical records management, information
systems or office administration knowledge
- None required.Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes and implements clerical procedures,
activities, and functions related to office management.
- Proficient in developing and proof reading professional
- Maintains file management system to ensure availability of
forms needed to document in the medical record. Must keep enough
forms on record to facilitate efficient documentation
- Periodically purges unit files and appropriately prepares
documents for archiving.
- Orients unit staff to the formant and organization of the
- Maintains charts throughout the day so that new orders are
flagged for transcription by the licensed nurses. Reviews charts
prior to the end of the shift to ensure that all orders written by
physicians have been acknowledged.
- Review and abstracts pertinent medical information form health
- Maintains and updates Nursing and Hospital Policy and
Procedures manuals and resource material.
- Orders supplies and maintains par levels for supplies on the
- Ensures availability of admission and discharge packets.
Responsible for all admissions and paperwork arriving on assigned
- Responsible for all copies to be made for discharges on unit.
Responsible for breaking down charts for discharged patients after
they leave the floor, and make sure all records are sent to medical
records department in a timely manner.
- Maintains log or binder to track medical consultation and
- Maintains electronic and hard copy documentation for unit sick
- Notifies all pertinent personnel of pending medical and legal
appointments for patients.
- Receive and distribute appropriately all incoming mail for the
unit; screens and forwards all incoming correspondence.
- Actively participates in facility and unit performance
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability EmployerNeed help finding the
right job?We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Job
20-76005Location WI, MilwaukeeFacility Milwaukee County JailType
PRNShift PRNRecruiter Jasmine RussellEmail
Keywords: Wellpath, Milwaukee , Unit Clerk, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!