First Student is the largest provider of school bus services in
the United States. As a leader in school bus services, we must
ensure that our buses are operating safely and efficiently.
Therefore, we are looking for diesel technicians that are
self-motivated, reliable, and hard-working to join our outstanding
Diesel Technician Job Duties Include:
* Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings,
and other important parts.
* Identify and report potentially dangerous equipment and
additional repairs needed.
* Maintain a safe, clean, productive and efficient work
* Perform Service Calls and on the road repairs as assigned.
* Perform routine and preventative maintenance according to
First Group Standards.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
Diesel Technician Job Qualifications:
* A minimum of 1+ years hands-on diesel/gas engine maintenance
experience and/or vocational training.
* Meet minimum age requirement: 18 years of age.
* Must be able to pass pre-employment screening
* Must have own set of basic tools.
* Computer knowledge
$20+ based on experience
Diesel Technician Required License/Certifications:
* Valid Drivers License, Class B CDL (preferred) or can obtain
CDL within the first 60 days of employment.
* ASE Certification(s) or can obtain required certification(s).
Must participate in ASE Brake Certification within the first year
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday; 4:30 AM - 6:30 PM; must
have flexible work schedule (8 hr work day; Overtime as
Fleet Size: 247 vehicles; Type A and C Buses; Propane and Diesel
At First Student, associates are offered the opportunity to grow
personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a
dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds
their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working
individuals like you to join our team. Come grow with us and let us
show you why First Student, should be your FIRST choice.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status