Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Shift Lead will lead 8-10 associates and is responsible for
safety, quality, schedule attainment, sanitation and cost
performance. They will lead team meetings and improve the results
in the area. They will manage people, equipment and processes. They
will develop the capability of direct reports through training and
coaching. This person ensures team members are trained to safely
perform job tasks and drive continuous improvement.
* Ensure clear direction and lead execution of the day-to-day
plans. Lead daily shift team meeting.
* Plan work activities for the shift to ensure production goals
and sanitation standards are complied with (ie. complete
* Ensure all safety, quality and operations standards are met,
update and author new policies and procedures as required.
* Collect and evaluate production data for daily plant
* Enter production data and reporting in SAP. Resolve and
reconcile issues with process orders and inventory.
* Become active member on safety and quality leadership teams
including program ownership, internal auditing, and training.
* Lead and support problem solving activities as required.
* Provide training and performance coaching. Complete bi-annual
performance evaluation for team members.
* Continuously develop and improve plant processes, safety and
* Collaborate with maintenance and quality teams to ensure
follow-ups to any maintenance or corrective actions as needed.
* Provide back-up coverage to boiler room operations, operating
high-pressure boiler and related equipment to generate steam for
power and heat adhering to state boiler operating code and city
* Perform any other duties as requested by their supervisor.
* Work with all people and equipment across the shift to manage
* Collaborate effectively with leaders and operations on other
shifts to facilitate effective cooperation.
* Participate in hiring recommendations for associates. Initiate
performance management action as needed
* Make schedule, crewing, and down time decisions
* Root cause/failure analysis - Ensure daily follow up
activities are completed from DDS
* Collaborate with appropriate personnel on safety, quality, and
or regulatory issues
* Analyze and resolve any production/inventory errors in SAP
Minimum education required
* Bachelor or Associates Degree preferred or equivalent work
Years of relevant experience
* 2+ years of demonstrated knowledge and applicable leadership
experience in food processing manufacturing
Knowledge, Skills and abilities
* Solid math and reading comprehension skills
* Previous forklift experience.
* Dependable attendance record
* Effective team player and communicator
* Safety and quality conscious
* Available to work overtime and weekends
* The physical activities described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Extensive standing
* Repetitive motion (hands/wrists)
* Climb, balance, and squat
* Lifting up to 50 lbs.
* Manufacturing environment-conditions can be wet, and hot or
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from
discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal
law. Click here for additional information.