Lead Communication Tech (100% Travel Required)
Company: IES Holdings, Inc.
Posted on: November 21, 2020
Lead Communication Tech (100% Travel Required)
Location : Location
Job Post Information* : Posted Date
Job Post Information* : External Company Name
Job Post Information* : External Company URL
Location : Postal Code
Location : Address
Job Post Information* : Post End Date
Full benefits available after 30 days of employment! Full-time,
direct hire position!
Job Summary: (100% Travel Required)
The Lead Communication Tech will act as the on-site coordinator and
crew supervisor for voice and data installation projects. The
Lead's task will be to ensure job completion according to Company
and customer quality and safety requirements while supervising the
efficiency of the staff assigned to the project.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Consistently run major project crews; assume responsibility for
effective performance and provide necessary training; assume
responsibility for adherence to Company and customer safety and
quality guidelines and hold weekly safety meetings; initiate
performance related communications and escalate to Project Manager
2. Coordinate with Project Manager to ensure productivity, job
completion and compliance with project budget.
3. Fully complete all IES COMMERCIAL and project paperwork
accurately and on time (specifically timesheets, material
transfers, work orders, change orders, tool transfers and others as
4. Perform quality checks; coordinate moves and cut sheets for
voice and data cross connects; prepare red-lined as-built
5. Serve as main on-site customer contact for questions and/or
concerns; attend facility and constructions meetings when
6. Perform work consistently demonstrating a detailed level of
technical knowledge; troubleshoot and resolve technical issues as
7. Other responsibilities as assigned.
Basic Hand Tools: screwdriver (regular and Phillips), drywall saw,
torpedo level, tape measure, snips (with belt sheath), pliers
(needle nose and channel locks), hammer, cable stripper, flashlight
Trade Tools: punch tool with 110 block and 66 block blade, 6/8
position combo crimp tool, Krone/3M/BIX, butt set, volt-ohmmeter,
4-pair continuity tester and 5-gang punch tool
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and
help create, develop and implement project process
* Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees,
vendors, clients and business partners.
* Must be able to act as the Company liaison for interface with
* Must possess proven problem solving skills, critical thinking
skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral
* Must be able to work at heights, off of a ladder and in confined
spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
* Must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small
print and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial
* Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or
regional territory as needed.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
* Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED
* Must possess a minimum of three (3) years of experience in
telecommunications or related technical field.
* Must be able to terminate fiber.
* Must possess a minimum of six (6) months supervisory and/or
* Must possess and be able to effectively use the tools listed
* Must have proven skill level to interpret blueprints and other
project documents, including but not limited to, specifications,
reporting and quality requirements.
* Must know the universal communications color codes.
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and MS
* Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
* BICSI Certification preferred.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits
discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with
disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or
characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring,
transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and
all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that
retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding
possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is
also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the
employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and
protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to
support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent
with company policy and the company's obligations as a contractor
to the United States government.
Keywords: IES Holdings, Inc., Milwaukee , Lead Communication Tech (100% Travel Required), Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!