Continuous Rewinder Operator
Company: Sellars Absorbent Materials
Posted on: January 10, 2021
This position is primarily responsible for operating the Gambini
Rewinder in a safe and efficient manner.Effectively oversees the
Gambini Rewinder process in order to produce a quality product
consistent with product specifications and workmanship standards.
Ability to run, troubleshoot, grade change all integrated
downstream equipment i.e. roll wrappers, case packers, bundlers,
robot cell, etc. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the
- Demonstrate personal safety and help maintain a safe work
environment for themselves and fellow members of the production
team. Responsible for following all company safety rules and
- Operate machine at designated maximum speeds in order to
effectively and efficiently produce quality product that meets
customer requirements in a safe manner.
- Ability to run automated high-speed equipment.
- Adjust controls to regulate tension of paper, synchronize speed
of machine components, adjust winding parameters, and all
down-stream equipment to meet the specifications of each
- Install machine change parts to meet new product
- Measure, space, and set perforation blades/anvils, emboss roll,
and ply bonders according to product specifications.
- Maximize up time on assigned machine(s) to keep machines
running while meeting safety, quality, efficiency, and waste
- Ensure quality standards and workmanship standards for Sellars
products are met on a continuing basis.
- Demonstrate time management skills during downtime on machines
by eliminating or relieving bottle necks, helping your teammates,
and looking for ways to improve processes.
- Train, coach, facilitate and mentor new employees.
- Execute daily reports for the shift and effectively communicate
downtime events, safety and personnel issues.
- Perform preventative maintenance on machine as stated by
Sellars' Clean Manufacturing Standards.
- Effectively communicate with Converting Shift Managers,
Maintenance, and all other personnel in a positive
manner.QualificationsKnowledge and Skills Required
- Ability to problem solve (identify problem, define root cause,
develop alternative solutions, and select and implement most
effective solution) required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude is required.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills. Demonstrate ability to
work effectively in a team environment.Education and Experience
- Prior experience working in the printing, paper production or
converting industries preferred, but not required.
- Minimum two years machine operating experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Physical Demands
- Position requires constant walking or standing along with
occasional bending and kneeling.
- Must be able to lift and carry of up to 50 pounds.
- Must have sufficient hand strength to carry-out job
responsibilities.How we take care of you!We frequently seek avenues
to enhance our total rewards package as we recognize that our
associates are a significant asset to our success and the
community! All benefits are available to you from day one!Medical
insurance Flex Spending Account Dental Vision Voluntary
Supplemental insurance Employee Assistance Program Short-term
Disability Long-term Disability 401K (100% company match on the
first 4% & total company match of 5%) Employee ReferralFor
additional benefits information, please visit sellarsjobs.com
Keywords: Sellars Absorbent Materials, Milwaukee , Continuous Rewinder Operator, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!