Registered Nurse Neuro and Neuro surgical Step-Down Unit - St. Luke's
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Come Join our Neuro Medical Nursing
4KLM is a 30 bed neurosurgical and neuro ICU
step-down unit. Our surgical patients may include craniotomies
for bleed evacuation or tumor resection and cervical, thoracic, or
lumbar spine surgery. We also are a comprehensive srtoke unit
therefore we see a variety of hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke
patients. As with most other units, we also get some medical
overflow patients to keep us well rounded. Our unit is a part of
the ANII program (Aurora Neuroscience Innovation Institute) so our
patients have the opportunity to take advantage of the latest new
innovative surgical techniques. We are most proud of our teamwork
on 4LM. Many times our staff will plan activities together to
foster fun and engagement.
- Aurora is consistently named a Top Place to Work.
- At Aurora, you can be the nurse you want to be. The advantage
of our size and our integrated system means you’re exposed to a
variety of nursing roles and many opportunities to
- We practice shared governance – you CAN impact how nurses
practice at Aurora.
- Our exceptional nursing leadership team is committed to
providing a great place to practice.
- Aurora St Luke's is a Magnet Designated Hospital.
- Increased tuition reimbursement for ADN to BSN programs (up to
12 hour shifts
every third weekend rotation
every other holiday rotation
Licenses & Certifications
- Registered Nurse license issued by the state in which the team
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare
Providers certification issued by the American Heart
- Completion of an accredited or approved program in
Required Functional Experience
- Typically requires 1 year of experience in clinical
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrates progression to provide holistic patient care and
the ability to view clinical situations from a patient and family
- Demonstrates progression to recognize situational changes that
require unplanned or unanticipated interventions, and responds to
situations with confidence, timeliness and flexibility.
- Proficient computer skills, use of electronic mail and
electronic medical records systems.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), listening and
- Demonstrates human relation skills with the ability to develop
rapport and maintain positive, professional relationships with a
variety of patients, team members and physicians.
- Ability to take initiative and work collaboratively with
- Demonstrated ability to effectively make critical, independent
- Excellent organization, prioritization and problem-solving
- Demonstrates time management skills with an ability to
multi-task and prioritize in an environment with frequent
interruptions. Demonstrates coordination, collaboration, delegation
and team building skills.
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Milwaukee , Registered Nurse Neuro and Neuro surgical Step-Down Unit - St. Luke's, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!