Location: Menomonee Falls
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position requires a self-motivated individual with a sense
of urgency to supervise factory production and planning operations;
a person who will work collaboratively with the rest of the
organization to achieve the overall business objectives for his/her
span of control; someone who will make data-driven decisions and
utilize critical thinking including risk/reward trade-offs. This
person will provide regular progress reports and summaries to all
levels of the organization from the shop floor to Operations
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and
directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment,
and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and
- Conducts regular safety discussions and audits with individuals
and groups of employees.
- Completes production schedule by assigning personnel;
accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring
progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results
of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Accomplishes manufacturing results by communicating job
expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results;
coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating,
coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures accurate manufacturing information by compiling,
initiating, sorting, analyzing and correcting production
performance records and data; answering questions and responding to
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process;
observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and
resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions;
developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating
corrections to malfunctions within process control points;
initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between
- Maintains quality service by following and enforcing
- Maintains working relationship with the union by following the
terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs;
evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating
issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art
practices; participating in professional societies.
- Five to seven (5 -7) years of experience in a manufacturing
environment with a blended experience base in production, planning,
and/or quality assignments.
- One to three (1 - 3) years of experience directly managing
- Associates degree in a technical or operations field and
equivalent work experience with a demonstrated track record of
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Management or related field
- Proven track record of strong leadership and managerial skills.
Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of management.
Must be able to effectively delegate and work collaboratively with
other functional departments.
- Strong background in lean manufacturing. A passion and ability
to truly engage people at all levels of an organization. A balanced
focus between processes and systems as well as achieving results.
An understanding of fundamental lean principles such as standard
work creation and use, value stream mapping, 5S, kaizen events,
- Proficient knowledge of ERP/MRP systems (JD Edwards
- Experience working in a union environment (preferred).
- Previous experience in metal and metal forming industry
Company Culture Requirements
- Treat all people with Respect - People matter. Understand your
audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and
valued for their unique perspective.
- Take Ownership - People are counting on you. Act with integrity
and follow through on commitments.
- Empower Action - We succeed when we work together. Our
differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and
teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
- Commitment to Stakeholders - We are committed to knowing and
exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership
- Life Beyond Work - People need balance. Embrace opportunities
to pursue your passions.
Keywords: Vollrath, Milwaukee , Operations Supervisor, Other , Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!